Mount St. Helens

merganzer

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't ski all the way to the parking lot, but you can certainly ski most of it. I was there two weekends ago and people skied to within about a five minute walk of the car. That is certainly longer now, but I would expect that you could ski well below treeline. After the 15th permits are limited to 100 people per day. You can get in the lottery at Jack's

As of last week-end, the choice is between a 3/4 mile walk before snow if starting from Marble Mountain Sno Park, or having to leave the car on the road 3-4 miles before Climber's Bivouac because of snow and go from there.

My trip that week-end got cancelled, so I'll wait for Climber's Bivouac to open and see whether one can ski from there or not when they open.

drC

I was there last Friday, May 7. There was no snow from the parking lot until approximately 3100 ft. It was pretty spotty from there until about 3800, I think. Given the gentle trail through the woods, this seemed like about a mile or so of hiking. It will be worse now I'm sure.