annabelle is going for it

lummox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lummox and Michael Layton would be the only people I've met who would be able to get there asses up and down in good style. And, since I've met almost every user on the website, I would indeed be a good judge of character.
yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

You won't see me bagging on anybody's attempts here, whether it be mount everest or mount si.

Actually, we have and we will. I'd say at least one out of every four posts you have ever added on this bulletin board contain some slap at somebody else - though you've toned it down a little bit in the last several months.

You're right, though: Anabelle is fair game.

Matt, since when is "slap" and shit-talking disallowed in spray?

I dont belittle other's climbs or attemtps. I have often stated I would rather hear about normal people doing normal climbs and having a blast than mark twight or whoever talking about how hardcore they are and how much everybody else sucks.

I started where everbody else here did...at the bottom, so I don't look down on those better or worse.

Spray, on the other hand, is fair game, which I figured was well understand. Ironically enough, this post is in the spray forum.

I'm confused. You mention Mike and Lummox, who have never even been on Everest but not Kurt who made very legit attempts on that mountain. In fact, attempts that could be reasonably called more difficult than most anything anybody on here has ever succeeded on. I'm confused? Was it sarcasm?

Matt, since when is "slap" and shit-talking disallowed in spray? ....

I dont belittle other's climbs or attemtps.

I didn't say it was "disallowed." In fact, I have twice stated pretty much the opposite. Let me make it clear for you one more time: you have in fact been allowed to talk shit about Annabelle and you've been allowed to put down other posters and make your jabs not only in Spray but in the climbing forums as well (there have been some limits here, but no absolute ban on shit-talking or put-downs, though we try to maintain such a ban in the Newbies forum, at least). I am merely pointing out that this reflects on you, not only those who you put down.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if we were to run some searches I could find literally hundreds of posts where you were dismissive of somebody else's climb or route report, or made some snide retort when they asked a question or gave some advice about some climb or technique or piece of gear. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you have carefully steered the line and you haven't actually put down somebody's climb, but I doubt it.

Matt, since when is "slap" and shit-talking disallowed in spray? ....

I dont belittle other's climbs or attemtps.

I didn't say it was "disallowed." In fact, I have twice stated pretty much the opposite. Let me make it clear for you one more time: you have in fact been allowed to talk shit about Annabelle and you've been allowed to put down other posters and make your jabs not only in Spray but in the climbing forums as well (there have been some limits here, but no absolute ban on shit-talking or put-downs, though we try to maintain such a ban in the Newbies forum, at least). I am merely pointing out that this reflects on you, not only those who you put down.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if we were to run some searches I could find literally hundreds of posts where you were dismissive of somebody else's climb or route report, or made some snide retort when they asked a question or gave some advice about some climb or technique or piece of gear. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you have carefully steered the line and you haven't actually put down somebody's climb, but I doubt it.

I misworded that. You are right, you in no way stated it was disallowed in any way.

If you're point is to show that I am an asshole, or a jerk, or you just don't like me, that's fine, I'll leave it at that. Let's just leave the thread alone for those who rightfully want to diss annabelle.

Lummox and Michael Layton would be the only people I've met who would be able to get there asses up and down in good style. And, since I've met almost every user on the website, I would indeed be a good judge of character.
yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

yeah yeah. laugh away. but i prefer an emphasis on 'good style'. that shit is open to a wide interpretation. cantfocus.gifevils3d.gifthe_finger.gifwave.gif

I'm confused. You mention Mike and Lummox, who have never even been on Everest but not Kurt who made very legit attempts on that mountain. In fact, attempts that could be reasonably called more difficult than most anything anybody on here has ever succeeded on. I'm confused? Was it sarcasm?

No. I haven't seen your climbing resume so you're not included in the consideration. AlpineK, Timmy and CrazyJZ just missed the cut by the way. Oh so close, yet so far away. I think someone's feeling a little jealous. hahaha.gif

Yes it was sarcasm you MOONBAT!

barking moonbat:

noun. Someone on the extreme edge of whatever their -ism happens to be. (coined by Perry de Havilland)

barking moonbat:

someone who sacrifices sanity for the sake of consistency (Adriana Cronin)

BTW, Bronco, I am looking for a partner for K2...interested? wink.gif

Only if you renounce your affiliation with the communist party. rolleyes.gif

Actually, I probably wouldn't survive the trek in to K-2's base camp so you might see if lummox's mom will let him go. the_finger.gif

But why would you peeps be dissin' on AlpineK

...because he is "dissin'" other's attempts. In a way, it is a sort of socially enforced karma.

If you had actually read my post you would know that I didn't slam her.

I said she deserves the same respect a triathelete deserves. I also pointed out that she took advantage of what she had to get funding. My only comment that was at all negative was that it isn't much of a mountaineering accomplishment.

The fact of the matter is that Sherpas set all the fixed lines on the South Col Route in some years they set fixed lines practically to the summit. If you jugged fixed lines all the way up El Cap that's not the same as setting the fixed lines.

Your attitude sucks Scott.

I said she deserves the same respect a triathelete deserves.

I could go do a triathalon right now in my present condition. Hell I have been in several! The same cannot be said for climbing Everest. Plus it takes more time, logistics and is way more dangerous. A bit more involved than just a simple albeit long swim bike and run.