alpine_freak

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has the most recent info I've seen:

Teanaway River Road

You may want to call the Cle Elum Ranger Station at (509) 674-4411 to get updated info. Please post here if you decide to call and let us know what you find out.

Welcome to cc.com! wave.gif

p.s. From the Wenatchee NF website :

"#9737 North Fork Teanaway Road is open and melted out to Beverly Campground"

Edited by Alpinfox

The approach is better than reported on the rangers site (call the ranger as the recording was more current). I believe you can go all the way to the trailhead now, as we went pretty close last weekend, like less than a mile from the trailhead (we were going somewhere else). Cars were driving up and it looked pretty clear ahead. There were some snow patches that scraped the car bottom a little, but it was open 5 or 6 miles past Beverly.

TTT

this may help a little. I didn't head over Ingalls this weekend, but I did go in over Beverly-Turnpike. We hit snow at approx. 5000' on the south side and it was solid snow from the pass down the north side. It was pretty soft, but we didn't need snowshoes. I would imagine that you would hit the same type of snow heading up to Ingalls and the traverse over would be solid snow up to the peak.

I was up there on Sunday too! Beautiful up there. We were going to see about climbing the route, but the North peak was socked in clouds the whole time. Didn't want to attempt it for the first time w/o being able to see where I was going. Next time. It was an awesome hike nonetheless.

The road was dry all the way to the trailhead. No problems there.