Bike to Work Week

iain

Just a friendly reminder that Bike to Work Week is May 17th through May 21st. The Bike to Work Day is May 21st (Friday). Please try to participate!

It has been said that if the average person biked to work or shopping ONCE every 2 weeks we could cut gasoline consumption (and its associated evils) by close to 1 billion gallons annually.

Have a nice day!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll leave my truck in four wheel drive with a chainsaw idling in the bed on friday to make up for some of you guys on your bikes. Maybe drag a burning tree soaked in bio-diesel behind it.

I was flipped of by a bike rider the other day who was riding his bike down the sidewalk at a high rate and entered the crosswalk as I was turning left. I think he was mad because I didn't anticipate him doing 30 mph through the intersection. Bikers are so suck!

Come on now. Not all bikers are idiots; same goes for vehicle drives. Seems to be enough dunces spread among various sub-cultures. Except those chicky-doodles from Bellevue or Mercer Island in the Excursions - a high rate of incidence there.

Yeah, I wuz mostly trolling Jim. He was a kid on a BMX.

I think I may ride my bicycle on friday. Been trying to ride the bus once a week and it's not so bad if you don't mind the crazy people who seem to enjoy sitting next to me. They must mistake me for another crazy, right?

I get kinda bus sick when trying to read, the damm bus is alway so friggin hot and no one else seems to mind so I'm the one who has to ask the driver to take the heat off stun level, I have fallen asleep and missed my stop by a half mile, and then there was the time a baby threw its food in my hair. I ride most of the time.

Let me take this opportunity to bitch about the new transit system in Seattle. I was living in Des Moines right when we switched from the traditional Metro system to the more wide spread "Sound Transit". My bus commute went from 1 hour on 1 bus for a 20 mile commute to 2.5 hours and 3 buses. Surprisingly, I started driving to work again.

Now I live in North Seattle and it would take me almost 3 hours to get to work. The first bus wouldn't pick me up until 6:00am, meaning I would have to work until about 8:00 every night.

a bicyclist will beat an automobile thru downtown Seattle during rush hour any day of the week. Motorists hate it, but screw them, they're the ones contributing to the congestion, not the bikers.

Bike times from anywhere south of Northgate Way to downtown should take under fourty minutes no matter what kind of bike you're riding. Biking from downtown Seattle to downtown Bellevue, maybe fifty minutes. Bikes rockband.gif and collectively, Americans should ride more.