Oh my god this is sick

JoshK

Hmmm.

Martlet, would a witty, intellegent and no doubt edcuated young man such as your self, be willing to agree that the events of the last month would efectively change the world view of the United States?

How many of our european/ asian friends are proud to stand beside us right now?

Nobody.

We are fucked, my young republician friend.

No, I can't agree. I think those stupid enough to not realize the events aren't representative of the whole hated us to begin with, and those that are smart enough to see the difference understand.

Do you ever read the Arab news? Even the English versions? If the entire US converted to Islam we'd still be hated.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not talking about the Arabs, they have shown their hand,... I speak of the rest of the world.

The repercussions of the events in Iraq have changed the opinions of people and nations who might have supported us... but now do not.

The abuses our troops carried out are nothing new, in fact, under previous administrations, things that occured in Central America and other 3rd world backwaters, make the stuff that happened this month look like a frat party.

What do you really think the CIA/SF have been doing for the last 40 years?

We finally got pinched this time, and it's going to hurt.

You can bomb the world to pieses but you can't bomb it into peace. Spearhead.
Silly hippy. You can easily argue that peace is the absence of violence. If you can get everybody afraid of you bombing them if they step out of line, there will be very little violence. As such, you can easily create peace through bombs. Fear is a powerful incentive. wave.gif

There is a huge difference between what makes it across the AP wire and what really happens.

We have always tried to portray "the good guy"... misdirected sometimes,(Haiti,Vietnam,

Somalia) but, in the eyes of the western world, we generally act on good faith.

Commiting war crimes hurts our international credibility, It's what seperated us from our enemies.

Who will join us next time?

I was forwarded the video of the beheading this morning and deliberated until now whether or not to watch it. It was fucking horrible. Human beings are really really fukt. I'm sick to my stomach and angry.

Hobbes is on point. Humans are fundamentally base, vile, aggresive, and violent animals who for the most part are able to culture that part of us away through political structure, socialization, etc. While I wont go into a cultural critique, people who would hack off anothers head and hold it up in the air by the hair while shouting some B.S. in order get their message across are as developed as a fucking slug. Like children, all adults need rules and discipline. These mothafukers need some discipline and its unfortunate that we cannot retaliate as visciously as they would should they have our capabilities.

Close down the borders, crank up the freedom propaganda machine, give people jobs and stability then root out those minority sick fuks and exterminate them. They would do no differently. Fuk politically correct, were getting schooled over there because we're doing it the right way, break the rules and get the job done. Unfortunately, of course, it is not that simple.

As far as torturing Iraqi regulars, I am deeply saddened to see that. We took a step down the ladder with that. Whomever is responsible, including the reservists, need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of our law and an example be made of them that behavior such as that is contradictory to the fiber of America.

Peace out everyone, and be glad you live in a developed freedom loving nation.

Brad

Hobbes is only right if we let him be right. It was also political structure, socialization, etc that formed those men into individuals capable of that. If were going to in, we need to do it right or else it was a waste of lives. We need to not only track those buggers down and lock them up for the rest of their lives but we need to do it in a manner that avoids dropping down to their level. And then we need to deal with the underlying issues that created a culture capable of raising them, and their brethren. Let's just hope we can pull it off, because were knee deep in it, and enforcing peace doesn't even come close to finishing the job.

Later everyone.

Other nations? Like the French, who are neck deep in the oil for food scandal and were violating Iraq sanctions? Like the Russians, who seem to be in deeper than the French.

Who are you referring to?

That's right, the whole world is out to get us, and all other countries can't be trusted... unless they give us everything we want! Mine! All mine!

In case you haven't realized, our country is the morbidly obese diaper-wearing spoiled little brat of the world, and we're bound to get an ass-whupin sooner or later unless we can behave like a fucking mature and intelligent country. 228 years of limitless growth has made us decadent and deluded. The inevitable equilibration will be the true test of the supposed superiority of capitalism and democracy... BAD BABY!! BAD!! boxing_smiley.gif

That's right, the whole world is out to get us, and all other countries can't be trusted... unless they give us everything we want! Mine! All mine!

In case you haven't realized, our country is the morbidly obese diaper-wearing spoiled little brat of the world, and we're bound to get an ass-whupin sooner or later unless we can behave like a fucking mature and intelligent country. 228 years of limitless growth has made us decadent and deluded. The inevitable equilibration will be the true test of the supposed superiority of capitalism and democracy... BAD BABY!! BAD!! boxing_smiley.gif

You quoted me, but failed to answer my question. Did you just want to rant, or were you actually trying to put forth some insight?

You quoted me, but failed to answer my question. Did you just want to rant, or were you actually trying to put forth some insight?

it's because your question was another example of the classic 'switch and bait' you are becoming famous for. moreover you didn't provide any substantiating evidence.

it's because your question was another example of the classic 'switch and bait' you are becoming famous for. moreover you didn't provide any substantiating evidence.

HA! You're like my brother. When ever he gets backed in a corner, he starts screaming "SWITCH AND BAIT!!!" "NO EVIDENCE"

Read the freaking paper once in awhile, moron, and stop making excuses for avoiding the question.

Just say "geez, you got me again". It's getting to be a habit with you.

No I just wanted to rant. And I'm not going to answer your question, because it itself is the answer!! Bwahahahaha

oh alright fine... Israel, no wait--Spain. yeah. Spain. Then do Canada.

HA! You're like my brother. When ever he gets backed in a corner, he starts screaming "SWITCH AND BAIT!!!" "NO EVIDENCE"

Read the freaking paper once in awhile, moron, and stop making excuses for avoiding the question.

then when called on the 'switch and bait', there goes the other classic: 'insult and dodge'

you are a pretty pathetic little fellow.

then when called on the 'switch and bait', there goes the other classic: 'insult and dodge'

you are a pretty pathetic little fellow.

I must be pathetic to still be waiting for you to answer the question.

I should keep a running tally on the number of topics you try to derail to avoid them.

Anyone else notice how few papaers wrote about Berg being Jewish? Checkout these links:

Independent , AP , Yahoo , NYT1 , NYT2 , NYT3

Read this :

Nicholas Berg, the American who was filmed being beheaded, had been arrested by Iraqi police earlier and held on suspicion of being a spy because he had a Jewish name and an Israeli stamp in his passport, it has emerged. ... "He said: 'They arrested me because I had a Jewish last name and an Israeli stamp in my passport.' Then the Iraqi police put him with the US military because they thought he was a spy. .... In the Arab world, any indication that someone is a Jew or has links with Israel can be potentially fatal

BTW I first heard of the beahing on the DEBKA site before it was on most of the major websites and it mentioned he was Jewish. Odd that in a region where the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict is the biggest news item this is not mentioned. Good reporting? Bad reporting? Biased reporting?

PP bigdrink.gif