My REI wish list

Fromage

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right Marylou, I'll make sure to take them off- they're perscription glasses to correct my vision and i specifically buy dorky ones and I'm not vain enough to wear contacts.

still lamenting REI's failure to stock the yellow plastic glacier overglasses, when they stopped selling them, I knew REI had gone astray...

but the REI is good for topos, metskers downtown charges an extra dollar for a 7.5 USGS.

and cracked and the rest of you "pround to never pay sales tax" . You buy beer, you pay tax. When you go out to eat, you pay tax. wave.gif

went looking at REI for some spring skiing accessories before the ski in and could only find a large selection of coolers and folding tables....

I wish REI would move out of the Pearl (pdx). There is already too much yuppie stench in that neighborhood.

they just moved there, so I doubt it. Since when has that general area north of powell's become the "Pearl District"? There really aren't any pearls near there, or jewlers... are there? is it all somekind of nice sounding marketing name for the area? cantfocus.gif

I am a proud and staunch supporter of REI. I go to REI first, if they don't have it, I'll shop around. I support the place with the best deals. With the dividend, REI is hard to beat on a lot of stuff. For those of you with money to waste: go ahead, feel noble, and support the little guys. They need you, don't you feel an obligation? hahaha.gif
Ya, I'm a corporate tool too. My dividend last year was over $200. Stocking up on the seven essentials will cost ya, and you can't get that stuff at the small shops.

I buy some stuff at REI, cause it's close and quick, but if you just want to get great deals, I highly doubt that any REI stuff could compare to campmor, sierratradingpost, ebay, or the classifieds on here. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

With the dividend, REI is hard to beat on a lot of stuff.

The "dividend" argument is pretty silly. I've never seen a more successful plan to get people to spend money that is already theirs! Oooh I have a $200 dividend! What will I spend it on? Idiots, that's money you have not spent yet! Take it back! Also, you don't get to apply purchases on the dividend to your future dividend. Yeah, there's some real savings.

I'm pretty sure that all sale purchases wont apply to the dividend either, which mikes the 10% off normal prices still equal out to well above most other retailers. boxing_smiley.gif

Uh, bullshit, cracked. You pay sales tax all the time. Like on all those books you bought for school.

Books are the exception, since the UW bookstore is run by assholes. If I present the driver's liscense, I'm exempt from being taxed on every other purchase I've made. smirk.gif

www.textbookx.com

www.bookbyte.com

www.half.com

Don't support bookstores that screw over students. the_finger.gif

But that doesn't mean the cost of his education is covered by his tuition, does it? Come on, if you live in a state 9 months out of the year, you should be required to be a resident.

I'm sure cracked would be totally up for that arrangement. I hardly think the 8% sales tax he saves comes close to the added cost fo Out-Of-State tuition. However, even this is still not covering the cost of his learnin', you're right about the taxpayers doing that. boxing_smiley.gif

REI is Ok in my book. true...they never have what I need, kinda like when I go looking to buy music...the local cd shops never carry the obscure Israli or German psytrance I am always looking for but at least there is the OFF chance I might find something I would like AND I like to feel superior when I go shopping. (nice run on there chirp, thanks!) wave.gif

PS: ...and remember when the only shop we had in Tacoma was the Jesus based "Base Camp Supply"? Thank goodness us Pro choicers have an option now.

Is this the thread where we have the political argument as to whether spectra thongs are the eighth essential? bigdrink.gif

Personally, I find dyneema thongs more supple.

snugtop.gif

Hi snuggy. I think dyneema and spectra are the same thing. But when it comes to thongs, I'll leave it to you wink.gif

Notice that I didn't make it political... yellaf.gif