My REI wish list

Fromage

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, bullshit, cracked. You pay sales tax all the time. Like on all those books you bought for school.

Books are the exception, since the UW bookstore is run by assholes. If I present the driver's liscense, I'm exempt from being taxed on every other purchase I've made. smirk.gif

1. " Schwag Pocket " I suppose you could put your weed in it, but it's just a dumb hanging organizer for your tent.

2. Titanium mug, $32, 2.4oz

3. Portable hand crank blender, $70

4. Folding cooler on wheels $33

5. Rolla-Roaster Folding Barbecue Fork $30 This one is my personal favorite.

6. Folding Camp Sink, $20. Now you CAN bring the kitchen sink

7. Backpack on Wheels, $140.

... Chance to spray REI, yuppies, and Annabelle all at once ... priceless!

But that doesn't mean the cost of his education is covered by his tuition, does it? Come on, if you live in a state 9 months out of the year, you should be required to be a resident.
I fail to understand how your taxes are paying any part of my education, slothrop. I would LOVE IT if I could be classified as a resident. But I can't, at least as far as education definitions go.

No, you're supposed to say, "You have no idea what it's like being an out-of-state student, you yuppie Sooby-driving sales-tax-paying tele-skiing imported Washingtonian. If you were in my freakishly large shoes, you wouldn't last a minute." boxing_smiley.gif

According to this document (1998), my taxes help pay $6,710 per student per year, after tuition revenue and not including financial aid costs (a few hundred bucks).

This thread is dumb. Someone call a snugtop.gif to take it away.

Attn ladies, this Lewis N. Clark "Personal Stash" security pocket attaches to your bra strap delivering discrete security.

707917_9996.jpg

That would be a great companion for the wicking thong in the color of sweatpea.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=47724190&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&langId=-1

Soft, silky fabric, no panty lines and no seams make this thong great for everyday wear.

Soft, breathable fabric wicks moisture and dries quickly

Sits at the hips, with high leg openings for comfort and freedom of movement; thong styling eliminates panty lines

Soft, plush elastic at leg openings and gentle, non-absorbent elastic at waistband enhance comfort

Rib-knit crotch panel for added modesty

Logo is knitted in to eliminate chafing

An interesting read on why college costs so much can be found here. For those that cringe on navigating to the National Review here's an excerpt.

Why is college so expensive? Why does federal aid never really succeed in making college more affordable? These shouldn't be deep mysteries. For over a decade I participated in university meetings aimed at determining my university's annual tuition increases. The only real question was, "How much can we get away with?" And the only real worry was that, if we overreached, we might move to the dreaded top of the list for largest increases. Most years, it fell to me to draft a letter to parents from the Chairman of the Board explaining that the tuition increase reflected this or that combination of new construction projects and programs.

Title IV funds and other federal financial aid are seen by colleges and universities as money that is there for the taking. Tuition is set high enough to capture those funds and whatever else we think can be extracted from parents. Perhaps there are college administrators who don't see federal student aid in quite this way, but I haven't met them. But I don't mean to imply that college administrators are driven solely by profit maximization. One reason that many prefer sky-high tuitions is that it enables them to act as social engineers. The larger the income from tuition, the more money they have on hand for scholarships for students who cannot afford the tuition.