Peak names?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno if its actually veeocee in the first one at left or something to the west of it like the lecture cutters.. i'd have to look at a map

tuwasus mountain is in front of pitt i believe.

in the second one parapet is in front and right of isosceles.

the spire on hour peak is the minute hand.

Ahhhhh, the McBrides . .

In first shot yer lookin at the Forger glacier, unnamed peaks, but the Forger Gl Spires are clearly visible. Here's another shot that I took from the east:

http://bivouac.com/img/photo/1800_forger.jpg

Veeocee is out of picture left. Centre is Drop Pass, You can see the wicked run you get going down into it. (and the shitty escape to the Cheakamus blush.gif)Awesome. isosceles and Parapet on right. Highest point in background is Mamquam (NOT PITT area. Yer looking DUE SOUTH). Huge east facing thing which you can see from a long ways away (ie Joffre) is unnamed sub summit.

Second shot is yes, Hour and Minute. Nice look at the north face of Hour. Wicked ski run on the north face there. Cornice usually falls off Mid May. Frickin huge. McBride traverse goes around the other side to meet up with Luxor/Crosscut col. Left of Min Hand is Pyramid, You can see it in first shot on far right too. In first shot Spire Peaks are to the left of Pyramid, with unnamed ridge system north of Mamquam Icefield. rockband.gif

Oh, and in the first shot the bumps in the middle ground on right on the ridge is the only real crux of the McBride traverse. Icy south facing slopes to travel the ridge to get to south side of Hour. Not that bad though.

Photo3: Gatekeeper is rocky thing on right VOC IS OUT OF PICTURE AGAIN on right. Sir Dick out of picture on left. Rain God Mtn and Snowcap/Misty Icefield beyond.

Photo4: Bulky thing is actually Nivalis. Sir Dick is *JUST* OUT OF PICTURE again on right. Could be Fire mtn in distance on left, but I'm not sure.