Super Feet, hip or hipe?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had two pairs of supafeet and each has lasted over 3 years. They are not so good for cushioning, but for support they are great. My first pair has been relegated from my mountain boots to my dress shoes. It's nice to have a little mountain funk along with me when dates aren't going so well.

More importantly, what are you doing giving your money to LCD? thumbs_down.gif

If Cracked doesn't like 'em, you can bet they're worthwile.

My feet tend to pronate and I have had excellent results with superfeet insoles. I have a pair that are 4 years old and going strong. My podiatrist recomends them as well.

I tried Superfeet after I developed plantar fasciitis in my right foot. They helped a little, but the inflammation didn't go away until I had custom orthotic insoles built. The orthotics are made from a plaster cast of the foot and are constructed using carbon fiber and epoxy.

If you use them every day, they need to be replaced about every 6 months to be effective. As others have stated, they don't provide cushioning, but the support almost seems more valuable than cushioning. But once you have chronic foot pain like plantar fascitis, you have to go for either the Birkenstock blue insert or the full-on orthotics from the podiatrist (I have both).

Good stuff. I have Greens, Blues a set of customs for my boots and some cork ones for my ski boots (these are essential - wouldn't ski without them)

Be sure to try them on with your shoes though as the superfeet raise your heel a bit depending on color thus affecting the all important heel cup fit.

I bought them because the REI guys hyped them. They hurt my feet like hell. thumbs_down.gif

Yeah, you get the wrong shit, and this stuff can cripple you. If you've got flat feet, get some custom insoles (superfeet or whatever, I don't think it matters) and get them fitted by someone who knows what's up. I like FootZone, up on Cap Hill. If you don't have flat feet, don't fix what isn't broken.

Trusting REI to treat your feet right is about as smart as trusting those boneheads' climbing gear recommendations. rolleyes.gif

Yes it's inaccurate to say everybody and their mother should be wearing Superfeet. That's dumb. However it's been widely accepted that aftermarket insoles are a big component to getting a custom fit out of your boots. I have them just so I'm not using my custom orthotics in my hiking/skiing boots.

And if you bought them just cuz the green vests were hyping them - you deserve it the_finger.gif

Before I got custom orthotics, I wore them with pretty good result. I think if your feet are still in pretty good shape, they are not too bad. Certainly worth a try prior to spending three hundred bucks on a set of orthotics.

I generally got 6-8 months of use from a set before they went totally flat.

F8, curious as to why you don't wear your custom ones in hiking boots...I cant wear mine in ski boots but love them in hiking boots.

If you want to upgrade the usual stock footbed in most boots the green Superfeet are good. If you can afford them though, I agree with marylou and CBS get some custom orthotics. Mine are carbon fiber and have a lifetime guarantee. Look into seeing a podiatrist for these.