• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

What we need is for Scott'hrs'c'ck to weigh in with his opinion, boost this thread up to at least 1x10^52 posts.

Wouldn't the ultimate CC.com thread be if scott'teryx complained about someone retrobolting a pub club at Muir Hut?

Only if there were liberal horsecock references, bad grammar, at least one photo of snoop dogg (could be substituted for strickland's olde english medal) and the obligatory D L sucks comments.

Let's face it. Most of you are climbers because it's the only thing you weren't kicked out of. Now you are here by choice because it is the only place you can be yourself with more than one person listening and not get droned out by scoffs and laughter. Thank you for not hanging out at my favorite places. [big Grin][Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by Crackbolter:

I wonder why the moderaters are allowing everyone to post under an anonymous character since it causes so much greif. This is really the only message board community that allows such behavior

Unless you've been using a different Internet than I have, there's no way cc.com is the only anonymous message board community out there.

Despite the "my horsecock is bigger than yours, so shove that drill up your ass" blahblahblah, this site is incredibly useful, for all the reasons everyone's mentioned. As long as no one goes completely apeshit and starts posting rambling, drug-induced accounts of his stalking another cc.commie (this ruined a messageboard at my college and got someone arrested), I'm ok with cc.com the way it is.

I don't really see why people get their knickers in such a twist over debates and insults had online. At least scot'teryx had the, uh, courage to ignore cc.com and skip merrily off to summitposer.com.

I owe Peter Puget an apology for calling him an ass hole last night. It was wrong, wrong, wrong... and there it is. Again, I'm sorry. I don't believe in personally attacking any one person on this forum, because I think that it's counter-productive to intelligent argument. That's all that this is about anyway... smart minds speaking to other smart minds. Dennis

Golden Rule of the Internet:

If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it.

Both Dwayner and Peter Puget have failed at this. They both wanted to have a debate about bolts. Instead of respecting the other side and having a logical debate, each of them decided independently that they could make jackass comments, but their opponent needed to stick to logical debating. Now they are both sulking.

I think it's kind of funny, both D and PP prided themselves as being intellectuals, but they were both unable to resist the lowest common denominator.

I'm sure the subject of bolts deserves a nice debate like Mattp wants, however even in the preinternet days the subject of bolting led to many disfunctional events, and the internet only adds to disfunction.

[ 06-20-2002, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

I have no idea who Peter is but I do want to thank him for moderating many of the topics that have come accross this website. I can relate to him way more than any of the other posters. What went down yesterday was bad. When I joined this website, I was dogged as well. My name was posted and private messages were sprayed all over the site. It caused BIG controversy. I wonder why the moderaters are allowing everyone to post under an anonymous character since it causes so much greif. This is really the only message board community that allows such behavior. I will admit to causing a bunch of controvery myself. In retrospect, many people find it humerous and many people take it personally. I apologize to everyone. This IS a COMMUNITY. This IS a tight nit group. This IS my family.

My advise to everyone:

Quit being someone you are not. This is also self advise. I suggest that the moderaters change the way this site is viewed by the climbers that we all so much admire and aspire to become.

I will only continue to lurk. From now on, only the facts.. our opinion holds no value or ground by people who post so what is the point? I think our community is based mostly by people who lurk.

Those who know nothing, speak as they know.

Those who know, say nothing.

Sincerely,

Tony Bentley

Feathered Friends

Customer Service Manager

206-292-6292 [big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by Crackbolter:

I will only continue to lurk. From now on, only the facts.. our opinion holds no value or ground by people who post so what is the point? I think our community is based mostly by people who lurk.

Those who know nothing, speak as they know.

Those who know, say nothing.

Tony, from my own personal experience with people in this site, I think you are wrong. I have met some very knowledgeable people on this site who have broadened my education as a climber. I value reading the different opinions on this site even if I don't agree with them; it reminds me that there is another side to things. Aside from the entertainment value of the spray, I also do a fair bit of information gathering from this site; I know others that do the same. If everyone lurked, a lot of knowledge and information might not get passed on.

It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience here, but lighten up dude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and is entitled to be passionate about it. They may not agree with yours, so what. Not everyone has to agree with you.

Greg

P.S. Jon and Timmy, keep cc.com just the way it is - it rocks.

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

I've been slammed on this site about 50 times using my real name. That hasn't changed too much since I quit using spray avatars. When I run into people in the really real world they don't have much shit to talk.

I wouldn't talk shit to Conan either. [big Drink]

cc.com IS great just how it is, but it could be even better. Think about it -- with just a small change in the attitude of a few individuals, we could have the same opportunity to share information and jokes and jive and to discuss important or inane issues, and we might have a chance to hear from not only board office workers with thick skins, but from climbers who may be a little more sensitive. If the energy that is now put into personal attacks was channeled into actually trying to accomplish something, we might get somewhere.

The quips and retorts can be amusing, but how much does it really add to the site to have people say that a whole class of climbers are pussies, that so and so is an asshole, or that their penis is bigger than someone else's?

quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Harmon:

Alpine K, You are the man. All this posting is getting me sad and I'm wondering if you'd be willing to take on an apprentice. Dennis

Apprentice Tree Surgeon or Apprentice Muir Hut smokeout???? [Wink]