A tribute to Peter Puget

Crackbolter

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

I've been slammed on this site about 50 times using my real name. That hasn't changed too much since I quit using spray avatars. When I run into people in the really real world they don't have much shit to talk.

I have talked more shit here than anyone else using just the one avatar (Capt. Caveman takezs the overall crown, still, I believe) but no one ever send me nasty PMs or emails. Maybe its cuz Im such a cool guy? [Roll Eyes] Or Im not sprayin hard enough? [Roll Eyes]

To Mattp's point, sometimes the banter gets a bit juvenile but if you have ever been in a car full of stuinky climbers on a 24hr straight drive you will know that happens in real life too. In the offline world not everyone loves one another why should we try and make our cyberworld a utopia either? You just have to remember this BB is basically just a big non alcoholic drunken free for all.

I commend Jon & Tim for creating the site and maintaining its tone and the contributors who not only talk a good line of spray but go out and climb lots too. The fact is though that endless positivity and hugging get boring. Although I missed some of the vitriol last night I dont see why either Peter or Dwayner feels the need to sulk off from this BB. They should just shake their heads remember spray is spray and go out climbing together.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony I appreciate your comments.

quote:

I wonder why the moderaters are allowing everyone to post under an anonymous character since it causes so much greif.

This would be almost impossible to do in an efficient and cheap manner. I think for some people they feel more comfortable having their anonymity, obviously there are pros and cons for having this. There are other people that are completely comfortable letting people knowing who they are and that is great too.

quote:

I suggest that the moderaters change the way this site is viewed by the climbers that we all so much admire and aspire to become.

Who are we talking about here and how do I change how they view the site? What are their complaints? Until we hear their opinions there isn't much we can do.

I agree with mattp in his effortless plabness things are good but there is still potential to be seen. As always I'm up for any constructive criticism.

Jon

Trask, I'm not suggesting the site should be free of all bathroom humor and conflict. But when somebody can't bring up a serioius question about an important topic like bolting ethics without the thread degerating - every single time - into a bunch of name calling and threats and the like, there is something wrong. While some may find it amusing, nobody can argue that this actually promotes an earnest discussion of the issue.

I think this topic has been brought up in the past, and I know it will be revisited in the future. But as Jon says, there is no way we can moderate the site, even if we had $$ to pay somone to do so.... the fact will still remain that some people will take offense to certain posts, while others quite frankly will never see what the big deal is.

I'll admit there were times when things have gone down on the boards that have bummed me out, and made me question why we keep the site up, but truly the positive things that have happened as a result of the site far outshine those distant cloudy days. (awwwwwww)

Truly though, i have met some great people, have had a ton of great laughs, and have had people randomly email me beta/pictures because of this site. This weekend i'm going to go ski with some folks from the site, and a good time will be had.

I'm sorry there was some beef sprayed between these 2 fellas, I'll miss their banter as well, but my bruthas and sistas, we must spray on.

pass the summer sausage....

TIMMAY

ps- construktive criticism is always a good thing

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Trask, I'm not suggesting the site should be free of all bathroom humor and conflict. But when somebody can't bring up a serioius question about an important topic like bolting ethics without the thread degerating -
every single time
- into a bunch of name calling and threats and the like, there is something wrong. While some may find it amusing, nobody can argue that this actually promotes an earnest discussion of the issue.

I see your point. That's why I personally stay out of the serious discussions. Not to mention the fact that I wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about anyway. [big Drink]

okay, my 0.02:

i'm with mattp all the way.

spray is fine, but when taken to the extreme that it seems to (too often) hit around here -- and as mattp points out, often outside of the "spray" forum -- it is not only annoying but, I think, destructive. and i disagree that extreme spray is no different from what goes on in the "real" world. i, for one, have yet to see anyone at a pub club accuse anyone else of having a small penis.

if you really need that kind of humor in those volumes become a jr. high school teacher. better yet, just go back as a student.

oh, and i also think it falls to the users of this board to encourage others not to unwind to the point of absurdity; there's no reason jon and timmy should be stuck with the job of babysitting.

climb on! [big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by sayjay:

okay, my 0.02:

i'm with mattp all the way.

spray is fine, but when taken to the extreme that it seems to (too often) hit around here -- and as mattp points out, often outside of the "spray" forum -- it is not only annoying but, I think, destructive. and i disagree that extreme spray is no different from what goes on in the "real" world. i, for one, have yet to see anyone at a pub club accuse anyone else of having a small penis.

if you really need that kind of humor in those volumes become a jr. high school teacher. better yet, just go back as a student.

oh, and i also think it falls to the users of this board to encourage others not to unwind to the point of absurdity; there's no reason jon and timmy should be stuck with the job of babysitting.

climb on!
[big Drink]

aaah but there is nothing so amusing as watching thespectacle of others completely lose it online [Wink] hence occasional encouragement of others to become absurder. [laf][laf][laf][laf]

Me, I wouldn't do that!! I think that people should say whatever they want to say. Sometimes I think things are moderated too much. This is after all a "free" country. Free speach is important. I personaly try to not go out of my way to be crule... but realy, just because someone says or thinks something about a person, DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUTH.

sk [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

What we need is for Scott'hrs'c'ck to weigh in with his opinion, boost this thread up to at least 1x10^52 posts.

Wouldn't the ultimate CC.com thread be if scott'teryx complained about someone retrobolting a pub club at Muir Hut?