My Squamish weekend

Saturday

Arrived at start of Angel's Crest to find self-conscious-looking young lady holding rope going up into tree. Went back down to alternate start but failed to bypass Katie and Brittany (sp?) and followed them and Calvin and Kelly. Turned out my partner knew Calvin though hadn't seen him for years.

At the Acrophobes my partner asked if I had done High Plains Drifter. Told him I had not and had no intention of doing it.

Sunday

Followed Janez up High Plains Drifter.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i was told within the last few weeks that it is easy and convenient to traverse to the base of HPD from the last main ledge on the Crest. then you just rap back down and traverse over to Angels Crest to top out.

My Monday lunch hour:

Listened to Janez moan about his gobies from High Plains Drifter.

Back in '65 my high school French teacher told the class that when North Americans are asked, "How are you doing?" they usually say, "OK", but that Europeans are more likely to say, "My liver hurts."

1417AsSeenBy-med.jpg

i was told within the last few weeks that it is easy and convenient to traverse to the base of HPD from the last main ledge on the Crest. then you just rap back down and traverse over to Angels Crest to top out.

Most people, if they approach via Angel's Crest, will be carrying gear that won't cover HPD, or that will just be extra weight on AC. Not that hiking to 2nd summit for 1 pitch is a better approach. Janez carried the right gear up but didn't take it all down, as we were both thinking of a thin hand crack.

I'm just going by what Shaun told me. He probably only placed about 2 pieces anyways so extra gear was not an option. rolleyes.gif

That traverse from Angel's Crest to High Plains Drifter actually sounds like a good idea and the gear I take for the second-to-last pitch of AC would do fine for HPD.

What ever happended to quentin anyways? yellaf.gif

Quinton moved to California to continue his search for individuals or organizations able to recognize the value in promoting his hip/cool lifestyle. The last person I know to have heard from him around here is Geoff Creighton.