[TR] Brokentop- West Face Flip side 9 oclock 5/1/2004

gapertimmy

Climb: Brokentop-West Face Flip side 9 oclock

Date of Climb: 5/1/2004

Trip Report:

The corn outlook for my short weekend wasn't looking good.... a single day off on Sunday was all this gaper had to work with, and I had figured it was going to be spent catching up on long overdue husbandly chores..... a bit sadened, i made a small pittanced to the lord of corniez by creating the symbolic sign of corn in yellow snow outside my back door. the high and mighty cornhole one sent me a sign, an email dispatch from all things stoke: schralper.

It didn't take much to convince me to go, it took a little smooth talkin to becky to get the final approval, and like that it was set: a late sat tow out to the Green Lakes TH with the skiing destination still open.... does life in the 3 sisters get anybetter? slednekkin and schralpin corn! SWEET!

3113skinit2winit-med.jpg

hot sloppy skin love and bachy!

A small layer of clouds made the skin in nice and damn hot, but the trees provided some shade from the scorchin heat. The fall creek trail is so much plabber with no wankerz on it, well except me and e.

We setup camp on the lava flow just above greenlakes. This site provided super views all around and some SICK rock to boulder on. I'll post my new projekts on 0friction.

Anyhow, we decided to go check out the west face of b-top, in particular either the shots opposite of 11 oclock or 9 oclock.

Sleep was good, too good, and we had a nice, albeit a bit late start to our day on sunday but made great time up the west face.

31139ocock-med.jpg

schralper climbing up shot opposite 9 oclock

Due to the later start, kickin steps up the west side went super quick, but so did our time left to climb. We didn't quite get to the saddle, but instead found a sweet ledge to chill out on and admire the fine rock formations that make up b-top.

3113schralp-med.jpg

The snow on the west side still hasn't full setup from the storms, so optimal cornage wasn't had, but still, who can complain about making turns in such a dope spot, with some great company, with nobody else around for miles... magical.

The skin out back to the TH went pretty quick due to our keen quasi randoteleturnz skills.

to quote cletus, a good time was had by all.

Approach Notes:

lots of snow in green lakes and on cascade lks still, west side of b-top will melt fast though.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic