Networking

John Frieh

As I see threads all time in this forum asking what is the best way to gain or broaden climbing experience and knowledge; I thought I’d point out the fact that two excellent opportunities are coming up this week in which it would be a great time to meet new potential climbing partners: the cc.om picnic and the Smith Rock spring thing. I attended my first cc event over the weekend and found everyone very friendly and personable to all who attended (some of the attendees don’t post on the page and were still welcomed). Information for both events appears in the events forum. A word to the wise: bringing extra food and/or beverage is a great way to make friends. See you there!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you're not being sarcastic; I would think mounties would want to make an extra effort to attend such events; especially if you are in search of a dose of climbing reality.

I'm not trying to start yet another mountie bash session, but I think you will (or perhaps have already discovered yourself) that once you start pursuing climbs of greater difficulty, you will find that you take less than you did on some day hikes you did with the mounties.

What am I trying to say? I’ve met many ex-mounties, but never someone that climbed for years and then joined the mounites.

See you at the next event!

• 11 months later...