• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
bladerunnerfan

University Used and Rare Books is closing

Because sleep scorns her suitors, but woos her scorners this evening finds me listening to Wilco, skimming the screenplay for Tarkovsky's 'Solaris', drinking from an insufficient supply of warm Mexican beer...Ahh, that is right, just another wasted trip to the heart of Saturday night.

But my ennui may be your gain. University Used and Rare Books is closing. They slashed prices by 70%, so go sift through what remains. There are still things to be had though, today I picked up 'eat a bowl of tea', some obscure SF, and some nonfiction by Will Kennedy. So you shrewd budget savvy literati go, go, go. And dude when was the last time you came across a book store that let's you smoke on the premises? My recomendation is take your time; start up the block and drink your way on down stopping to pick up some smokes. Unfiltered Old Gold straights are good but so are Camel Wides. The most engaging form of climbing is alpinism and the women and men who practice it should be engaging. So read a book man.

below the mine shaft roads

it will all unfold

there's a world going on

underground

T Waits