weeks. After that Tuolumne is on!

Anyone coming down this way in June??

Dome climbing rockband.gif.

Jimbo

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure is. It's been Memorial Day each of the last 2 years. There was still some decent snow cover up Hiway 4 yesterday. Was told there's still another month of backcountry skiing left. It's been quite warm lately though melting quick. Dana is a fun peak.

• 2 weeks later...

Tioga opened on Friday the 14th. I was up there on Sunday and it looked like they could have opened it a month earlier. There's very little snow but there were backcountry skiers lining the road- inside and outside the park entrance. There were tons of tracks above Ellery. I saw cars parked at the Westcrack parking lot. Bouldering at the lake was dry and GOOD. Great time to be up there except that a storm seems to be heading in right now.

I drove thru on Sunday as well on the way back from San Fran. They had those avalanche warning signs up still, but I agree, the snow was fairly sparse.

Damn its beautiful up there, we're really lucky to have such beautiful country at our fingers. Drove south through Owens Valley. Same thing, just stunning country. I'm pumped for the Palisades on Memorial Day weekend.