Trango Flex Cams, change in smaller sizes

wdietsch

Just got the latest Shoreline catalog in the mail. I noticed that the "redesigned" Trango cams in the smallest 5 sizes are now advertised with "an innovative, direct-offset cam design". They look just like the Splitter units which have been littering ebay for months now. I'm wondering if Trango bought Spitter out.

wazzup.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoreline-Trango

It appears that Trango has redesigned the flexcam (I like the old ones , especially in the mid to small sizes) so that the cams on smaller sizes are in direct opposition to each other. This is similar to the Splitter Gear cams, however these still have four cams which should keep them stable and allow for shallow placements. (I think Splitter Gear actually also had/has a four cam unit too).

I spoke with someone in the "industry" that seemed optimistic that these would be effective and he said that they would be significantly stronger in the passive position. Don't quote me on that though. cantfocus.gif

I am curious by not optimistic. They apparently aren't actually in stock right now. Further, they have gone up $5.00 per cam.

I really like the old flex cams and felt that at $39.95 they were the best retail priced cam out there (read: value). frown.gif Maybe the old ones will go on sale? thumbs_up.gif