• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mattyg

Forbidden Peak Rock

For Those of you who've been up to Boston Basin recently: What's the rock look like on Forbidden? Is it still snow coated or could it possibly go? Specifically the ridges.

Thanx.

Here are pictures of Forbidden taken 1May04

341320-P5010016b.thumb.jpg.a8e873b4ec9e8cd8b853e2573c848b73.jpg

Edited by proper

Sorry Greg, gonna hafta eat my words here...

The North Ridge is on the right. The picture is from the top of Sahale.

I just wanted to say IN YOUR FACE.

Sorry Greg, gonna hafta eat my words here...

The North Ridge is on the right. The picture is from the top of Sahale.

I just wanted to say IN YOUR FACE.

Okay, so the East Ridge is in the respective viewer's face. Alrighty then. Looks like it might go soon.

whats this peak in the background with the diagonal couloir? that looks like a fun route. 341377-unknown.jpg

341377-unknown.jpg.804b103dec56e34ab3c153bd84c3c3d3.jpg

Went up Forbidden on Saturday (5/1). Ridge dry and bare, a little snow on the North side of the ridge but completely manageable. The couloir is a little slushy but otherwise no problems.

Was up there this past weekend to attempt the West Ridge. Got up to BB @ about 4 or so on Saturday. A really warm, beautiful night up there: mughjie you must've had a nice climb!

Woke up to light rain and clouds on Sunday. Dern!

Awesome possum! I am sold on the elephant foot. The thing packs down to the size of a grapefruit, weighs like a pound and keeps me warm too. It was a pretty warm night tho. I'll be using it on Baker in a few weeks - that'll probably be a better test. Thanks.

This is a thread about Forbidden, no? Pardon me if my question is unknowingly ridiculous... it just looks good in the photos.

What does the South Face have to offer?

Of Forbidden. . ?

There is a 5.10 the go up the south face of Forbidden that is listed in one of the Select guides. I believe it is one or two pitches of 10 the rest being more moderate from what I remember.

Is the road up to that area open?

The road is gated about a 1/2 mi before the climber's cutoff up into boston basin. The road into Cascade Pass has been completely washed out in one area. It's pretty bad. Dunno when they'll be able to fix it by.

The road is gated about a 1/2 mi before the climber's cutoff up into boston basin. The road into Cascade Pass has been completely washed out in one area. It's pretty bad. Dunno when they'll be able to fix it by.

Thanks for the info.