Forbidden Peak Rock

mattyg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Greg, gonna hafta eat my words here...

The North Ridge is on the right. The picture is from the top of Sahale.

I just wanted to say IN YOUR FACE.

Okay, so the East Ridge is in the respective viewer's face. Alrighty then. Looks like it might go soon.

Was up there this past weekend to attempt the West Ridge. Got up to BB @ about 4 or so on Saturday. A really warm, beautiful night up there: mughjie you must've had a nice climb!

Woke up to light rain and clouds on Sunday. Dern!

Awesome possum! I am sold on the elephant foot. The thing packs down to the size of a grapefruit, weighs like a pound and keeps me warm too. It was a pretty warm night tho. I'll be using it on Baker in a few weeks - that'll probably be a better test. Thanks.

What does the South Face have to offer?

Of Forbidden. . ?

There is a 5.10 the go up the south face of Forbidden that is listed in one of the Select guides. I believe it is one or two pitches of 10 the rest being more moderate from what I remember.

Is the road up to that area open?

The road is gated about a 1/2 mi before the climber's cutoff up into boston basin. The road into Cascade Pass has been completely washed out in one area. It's pretty bad. Dunno when they'll be able to fix it by.

The road is gated about a 1/2 mi before the climber's cutoff up into boston basin. The road into Cascade Pass has been completely washed out in one area. It's pretty bad. Dunno when they'll be able to fix it by.

Thanks for the info.