Banff Ice-What are conditions like? Recomondations?

A_What??

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

try www.compusmart.ab.ca/resqdyn/current.htm Its Cyril Shokoples web site and has the best canadian conditions I've found so far. and Alex the canadian girls are nice and dont care if you are a yank or not. They are cute too. Its getting late in the season for ice but I'm sure with some looking you should still be able to find something. good luck and post something if you do any good.

Jordan,

~wassup

I just called my buddy Sean in Canmore to find out what's up with conditions. I know right now the area is having it's little avalanche festivities. Louise Falls is in and probably a few others. Cascade should be safe since the bowl above the ice finally released for the 1st time this year. Weeping wall bro...As soon as he calls me back I'll either post the conditions here or email you.

How are you getting there? Do you want another partner? I know the goods AND the routine in Canmore/Banff/Jasper...I have Canadian friends there too.

Mike http://alpinelite.com

I was there 9 days and left on March 9. It was sunny, warm and blue skys every single day! Louise and Professors were both fat and are in the shade enough of the day to most likely still be good. Cascade is definitely out. We were going to do it by full moon but a huge piece fell off and it was spurting water big time. Don't go near it. Haffner Creek may still have some toproping but I didn't go there. The Weeping wall is probably going/gone really fast and I'm going to bet not very good. Polar Circus may still be good but you better be going back down by no later than 2:30 pm. Murchisons was also fat, but I didn't go there either. I concur that most climbers are thinking rock by now but if you go there you'll find something and can probably get beta at the alpine club in Canmore. I doubt you'll find anyone at Rampart these days.

Look for chicks wearing T-shirts that say "This Winter Sucks-2000/2001" They are baaad! Wild Bills in Banff has the best dance floor! If you really need ice you can always try curling or hockey; there's plenty of that in Canada! DPP