photos of Really Big Housecats

marylou

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RIP Scrappie. He loved sleeping half in/out of the door like this.

DSC012221.JPG

DSC012251.JPG

DSC01227.JPG

Sounds like Scrappie was the opposite of Mischief. When Mischief was about 2 y/o we spent a summer at house that happened to have a piece of carpet as a doormat. When it rained that doormat soaked up water and stayed wet so Mischief developed the habit of hopping over the doormat when you let her in or out. Now I think we only spent that one summer in that house, and Mischief lived to be a ripe old 13 or 14, and she never lost her habit of jumping over thresholds. Doormat or no doormat you'd often see her jumping through doorways like there was an invisible piece of wet carpet there. As nervous habits go it would fade and then spontaniously recur. Sometimes I'd catch her jumping through a doorway inside the house with no break in the flooring, there just happened to be a door there so she'd jump through.

Anybody ever have a cat ALWAYS do this to the water on your night stand?

licking_it_clean.jpg

What are you tracking on that matrix?

... not mine.

All right then, so WTF is Marc tracking on that matrix?? :rolleyes:

And if you say it's not Marc's, then the Big Purple Hippo has got some 'splaining to do...

licking_it_clean.jpg

What are you tracking on that matrix?

... not mine.

All right then, so WTF is Marc tracking on that matrix?? :rolleyes:

And if you say it's not Marc's, then the Big Purple Hippo has got some 'splaining to do...

...errr....uhhh it's not Marc's either.... :blush:

and come on man. why do you have to go and bring the big purple hippo up like that?

Edited by TamaraSlade

licking_it_clean.jpg

Yeah, there is nothing quite so fine as to reach for that water in the dark notice the taste is a bit off and then see a couple flecks of cat litter in the bottom of the glass. :)...

Could be worse, I watched a guy accidentally take a nice big chug on a beer bottle that was half full of cig butts and spent chew. He promptly puiked his guts out but the rest of us were laughing for hours. :sick:

licking_it_clean.jpg

Yeah, there is nothing quite so fine as to reach for that water in the dark notice the taste is a bit off and then see a couple flecks of cat litter in the bottom of the glass. :)...

Could be worse, I watched a guy accidentally take a nice big chug on a beer bottle that was half full of cig butts and spent chew. He promptly puiked his guts out but the rest of us were laughing for hours. :sick:

Hmmmm,couldn't of been Sobo for he would have sucked the beer out of the butt's and chew before spit them out!! :brew::lmao:

Sounds like Scrappie was the opposite of Mischief. When Mischief was about 2 y/o we spent a summer at house that happened to have a piece of carpet as a doormat. When it rained that doormat soaked up water and stayed wet so Mischief developed the habit of hopping over the doormat when you let her in or out. Now I think we only spent that one summer in that house, and Mischief lived to be a ripe old 13 or 14, and she never lost her habit of jumping over thresholds. Doormat or no doormat you'd often see her jumping through doorways like there was an invisible piece of wet carpet there. As nervous habits go it would fade and then spontaniously recur. Sometimes I'd catch her jumping through a doorway inside the house with no break in the flooring, there just happened to be a door there so she'd jump through.

I developed the opposite habit when encountering small moist patches of carpet.

I developed the opposite habit when encountering small moist patches of carpet.

nowadays carpet's out, but hardwood's still in

licking_it_clean.jpg

Hmmmm,couldn't of been Sobo for he would have sucked the beer out of the butt's and chew before spit them out!! :brew::lmao:

Been there, done that! :sick:

Wow, Adam, you found the right thread for your big kitty! Bet it could down your entire glass of water with no difficulty! Got any front or side views?

I'll work on finding some better views. She also has a special trick that I've been trying to get on video but shes a little shy about it. I won't explain it but I will tell you that she is too fat to lick her butt, so she developed a little "technique" - very entertaining!

• 3 weeks later...