Best Route @ Dishman

Dane

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry and his "slave" Pat put those lines up. I TR'ed Body Scarfer once and never did get up Slave Labor after a number of tries IIRC. Both of them were damn hard for a fat kid. Mahoney was 17 or 18, Larry well past 40 then and I was in my mid 30s.

Both of them were climbing hard face much better than I ever could/would.

I like the middle lines (around Rock 106) because they were longer and cleaner. I suspect some of Marty's routes are the best on the cliff today but past mid .11 it isn't going to ever matter too much to me.

Then again I took a 50 footer (which is really hard to do)off Rock 106, and lived, so I always thought it was the best route there smile.gif

For 12's, Slave Labor is the best line and probably my favorite at the crag. A little bouldery but then sustained which seems to be rare for granite climbing. For the 11's I think that they are all pretty good but Rock 106 and Touch of Grey stand out. All the routes are bolted well at Dishman now so if you dont like one you can thread the anchors and go to the next one. Sorry Dane, no more 50 footers unless you skip a bunch of clips.