Job hunting for summer...

SethWhite

hey everyone...i'm looking for a job this summer (starting now) that i would still have some flexibility to go climbing often. Any ideas or leads? also i have experience house sitting and would love to do some for anyone going on a trip this summer! Hit me up if you need someone to watch your dogs or just make sure the house doesn't fly away.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<softball chance to slam Erik deleted>

Isn't softball a girl's game?? wave.gif

Ah, to be young and naive again. Must be nice. For you edification, "softball" in this context refers to a nice, fat, slow, easy opportunity. A good example is the types of questions that Larry King asks.

Seth:

I don't know what you're background is, but my group is currently trying to fill this summer internship position:

The focus will be on developing industry leading edge technologies for CPU power and thermal managements. Specific duties are to develop, evaluate and qualify new technologies and prototype systems for CPU power and thermal managements. The candidates should be college graduate students with Master degrees in the areas of mechanical/electrical/material/chemical engineering. Strong backgrounds in heat transfer analysis, structure analysis and hand-on lab experiences are required. Understanding of CPU architecture, power modeling and testing are preferred.

PM me if qualified.

Volunteer with SCA! Last september I was camped in Pelton Basin during the first huge storm in weeks, and there were some SCA "wilderness enthusiasts" standing out in the downpour measuring clumps of moss and sticks and snaffle tails snaf.gif , etc near my tent. I cracked up so hard listening to the inane things they were making notes of that I think I spilled my lunch all over a therm-a-rest. bigdrink.gif

Seth:

I don't know what you're background is, but my group is currently trying to fill this summer internship position:

The focus will be on developing industry leading edge technologies for CPU power and thermal managements. Specific duties are to develop, evaluate and qualify new technologies and prototype systems for CPU power and thermal managements. The candidates should be college graduate students with Master degrees in the areas of mechanical/electrical/material/chemical engineering. Strong backgrounds in heat transfer analysis, structure analysis and hand-on lab experiences are required. Understanding of CPU architecture, power modeling and testing are preferred.

PM me if qualified.

Geek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gif

Seth:

PM me if qualified.

I am definitely good at heat transfer and hands on structural analysis. I can handle chemicals too...

mushsmile.gifbigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

I can use some laborers out in the Islands but the climbing sucks ass...

Ask Greg, he knows all about suckin' ass moon.gif

wave.gif

creating a job as a pusher will allow plenty of free time to go climbing. also, ebay sales if you've got a bunch of crapola to list....

the work/pay/play ratios are usually skewed heavily in favor of the employer... what do you need the money for? housing? go live in the woods. food? food bank.

if you do it right, you shouldn't have to work much at all. get a job working concerts at the gorge or something.

"advice from a friendly neighborhood shylock"