John Kerry...a true American coward

JoshK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crazy

i wouldn't want to be in ur shoes, and am glade i choose not to jion the military. 3 or 4 yrs ago i had the paperwork in fornt of me and simply changed my mind and walked out. i would have been a yr or so out of training, then swoosh straigh to war.

i still can't belive how close i was...

keep ur head down and don't get ur ass shot off over there fellas. as for Bush vs. Kerry

i think the war will be over sooner if kerry gets into office

Bush and his cabnet are war mongers and if the war evloves into seria their will be no ending, the more likly result will be WW3, think about it fellas we already ocupy 2 countries completly how many are we going to let Bush n co. force us into, and when will the arabs unite and say enough is enough, thereby starting the next WW?

Tele nut,

When you talk about action, or rather lack thereof. Don’t forget to include George H.W. Bush and Reagan. (yes) Bombing in Beirut – no action- actually turn and run. Pan Am bombed, Libya harbors terrorists still no action. If Jr Bush REALLY wanted to after threats to America (and get oil) Libya would have been a much better argument. Libya harbored terrorists, even admitted it, had an ongoing nuclear weapons program. If you want to complain about a Presidents lack of action please be consistent.

Wormfood. Tele_Nut(2-the other one) served in Somalia demonstrating his action. Reagan and Bush are head and shoulders above Kerry as leaders. Kerry is a errant missile with no target.

Soldier's Letter to Kerry

Dear Senator Kerry:

Since it has become clear that you will probably be the Democratic nominee for President, I have spent a great deal of time researching your war record and your record as a professional politician. The reason is simple, you aspire to be the Commander in Chief who would lead my sons and their fellow soldiers in time of war. I simply wanted to know if you possess the necessary qualifications to be trusted in that respect.

You see, I belong to a family of proud U.S. veterans. I was a Captain in the Army Reserve, my father was a decorated Lieutenant in World War II; and I have four sons who have either served, or are currently serving in the military. The oldest is an Army Lieutenant still on active duty in Afghanistan after already being honored for his service in Iraq. The youngest is an E-4 with the military police. His National Guard unit just finished their second tour of active duty, including six months in Guantanamo Bay. My two other sons have served in the national guard and the navy.

In looking at your record I found myself comparing it not only to that of my father and my sons, but to the people they served with. My father served with the 87th Chemical Mortar Battalion in Europe. They landed on Utah Beach and fought for 317 straight days including the Cherbourg Peninsula, Aachen, the Hurtgen Forest, and the Battle of the Bulge. You earned a Silver Star in Vietnam for chasing down and finishing off a wounded and retreating enemy soldier. My father won a Bronze Star for single handedly charging and knocking out a German machine gun nest that had his men pinned down. You received three purple hearts for what appears to be three minor scratches. In fact you only missed a combined total of two days of duty for these wounds. The men of my father's unit, the 87th, had to be admonished by their commanding officer because: "It has been brought to our attention that some men are covering up wounds and refusing medical attention for fear of being evacuated and permanently separated from this organization..." It was also a common problem for seriously wounded soldiers to go AWOL from hospitals in order to rejoin their units. You used your three purple hearts to leave Vietnam early .

My oldest boy came home from Iraq with numerous commendations and then proceeded to volunteer to go to Afghanistan and from there back to Iraq again. My sons and father have never had anything but the highest regard and respect for their fellow soldiers. Yet, you came home to publicly charge your fellow fighting men with being war criminals and to urge their defeat by the enemy. You even wrote a book that had a cover which mocked the heroism of the U.S. Marines who raised the flag on Iwo Jima. Our current crop of soldiers has a philosophy that no one gets left behind; and they have practiced that from Somalia to the battlefields of the Middle East . Yet as chairman of a Senate committee looking into allegations that many of your fellow servicemen had been left behind as prisoners in Vietnam, you chose to defend the brutal Vietnamese regime. You even went so far as to refer to the families of the POWs and MIAs as Professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists, and dime-store Rambos.

As a Senator you voted against the 1991 Gulf War, and have repeatedly voted against funds to supply our troops with the best equipment, and against money to improve our intelligence capability . I find this particularly ironic since as a Presidential candidate you are highly critical of our pre-war intelligence in Iraq. However, you did vote to authorize the President to go to war, but have since proceeded to do everything you can to undermine the efforts of our government and our troops to win . Is this what our fighting men and women can expect of you if you are their Commander in Chief? Will you gladly send them to war, only to then aid the enemy by undermining the morale of our troops and cutting off the weapons they need to win?

Our country is at war Senator, and as has been the case in every war since the American Revolution, a member of my family is serving their country during the war. Now you want me to trust you to lead my sons in this fight.

Sorry Senator, but when I compare your record to those who have fought and died for this nation, and are currently fighting and dying, the answer is not just no, but Hell No !

Sincerely,

Michael Connelly February 14, 2004 Dallas, Texas

really trying HARD to bend liberal opinion on this board, aren't you, gooberdammung? posting to resond to yourself with today's Doonesbury? Where do you get the funny pages, goober? Doonesbury is satirizing conservative opinion in that strip, not supporting bush...

what are you, a republican plant spewing pro bush bullshizzle on every website you can find?

What a bunch of crap. Go help the soldiers violate the geneva convention, why don't cha?

It may not be clear to you, but this war was started for all the wrong reasons and continues to be an occupation of a country the citizenry doesn't appreciate, all for $$$$ to contractors intent on 'rebuilding' and running 'support' for the military.

If you really are overseas in the war zone, making money as a contractor, I can understand how this may be difficult to realize.

It's a privateering profiteering occupation with americans losing their lives for no good reasons. What is going to be accomplished, are we going to send over all the old fashioned polling booths so they can have elections in a month?

The Iraqis have an idea on how they'd like their country, and US isn't part of it. Give it back to strongmen, it isn't any different than a multitude of countries around the world we AREN'T doing anything about...

have a nice day. but pull your head out of your azz.

what are you, a republican plant spewing pro bush bullshizzle on every website you can find?

What a bunch of crap. Go help the soldiers violate the geneva convention, why don't cha?

It may not be clear to you, but this war was started for all the wrong reasons and continues to be an occupation of a country the citizenry doesn't appreciate, all for $$$$ to contractors intent on 'rebuilding' and running 'support' for the military.

If you really are overseas in the war zone, making money as a contractor, I can understand how this may be difficult to realize.

It's a privateering profiteering occupation with americans losing their lives for no good reasons. What is going to be accomplished, are we going to send over all the old fashioned polling booths so they can have elections in a month?

The Iraqis have an idea on how they'd like their country, and US isn't part of it. Give it back to strongmen, it isn't any different than a multitude of countries around the world we AREN'T doing anything about...

Maybe you ought to read up a little on who, and where, gotterdammerung is before you display your stupidity and ignorance, Beck. Congrats on sounding clueless, though.

Beck said, "What a bunch of crap. Go help the soldiers violate the geneva convention, why don't cha?"

All I can say M. Beck is FUCK YOU, and I mean that very seriously. You can say what you want about the Prez, congress etc. but you keep your opionion to yourself about our troops. boxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifthumbs_down.gifmoon.gif

really trying HARD to bend liberal opinion on this board, aren't you, gooberdammung? posting to resond to yourself with today's Doonesbury? Where do you get the funny pages, goober? Doonesbury is satirizing conservative opinion in that strip, not supporting bush...

Beck,

I understand that Doonesbury has a distinctively liberal tone. I thought it was a good cartoon characterizing the current situation here in this country. If you right click on the image and view the properties for it you will see where the image came from.

I would say from your response that you are a completely uninformed individual with a poorly thought out opinion. It's hard for me to even justify much of what you wrote with a response.

You should stick to Teddy Suxpin and forget about trying to engage in debate that you can only participate in because the library was open. the_finger.gif

goober,

I know you won't be happy until you have the last word on this, so I debated responding once again to this war thread on cc.com... but....

good luck, stay safe. Being a contract worker in Iraq implies you went for personal profit.

I'm one of the liberals you so disdainfully put down because we haven't been in a war zone or whatever. Get over yourself. Opinions about the war in Iraq are not predicated on having seen combat.

Sisu, the US has been violating global standards for conduct regarding POW's called the Geneva Convention. I support the troops, getting the hell out of there as soon as possible. Me making statements about war crimes commited by US troops isn't any blasphemy or unpatriotic.

A year and a half ago, the UN was saying, " no, no weapons of mass destruction." the US intelligence community stretched, no, contrived a connection between Al Quaida and Saddam. Now, Halliburton and other private corporations and privateers like Gobberdamm are getting $$$$, American tax dollars, to rebuild a country that a) doesn't want to be occupied b) was attacked for the wrong reasons in the face of global opposition and c) continues to be an embroiled warzone with no clear outcome in sight. Plus, d) we are rebuilding things the US blew up during the war.

the argument to not pull out now because the war would be in vain is specious, misinformed, and dim witted drumbeating patriotism.

the US is not going to save face by continuing in the aggression in Iraq. Lose more lives to save face? Por Que? What's the rationale there?

So, I say, as soon as the get Saddam, let's have a big photo op, tanks roll into Bagdad like the liberation of Paris, and everyone can come home.

Goober, again, stay safe, but you are profiteering as a privateer in an ill conceived war fraught with conceit at the onset and perpetuated in folly. Promoting it, and dissing dissent of the iraqi war shows some lack of intelligence on your part as well. You must put me down because it makes you feel better, I guess.

"Your friendly CC.com liberal firebrand who thinks you're a pompous ass" .... and they're kicking me out of the library in ten minutes, so it's off to tent city, then to my post by the freeway, panhandling in the morning....

cantfocus.gif

Ya know I really tried to answer you with alot of restraint after you posting shit that could legitimately get you knocked the fuck out.

Perspective. I was just sitting with some marines on R&R from up north. Talk about some down to earth, friendly, eyes wide open, and extremely dedicated crew. Beck, you wouldn't even deserve to stand in these guys shadows. As far as I am now concerned you are the biggest pissant on this fucking planet and I plan on gracing each and every PUBE club after I get home until you get the balls to come stand face to face and spew your bullshit rhetoric.

I plan on gracing each and every PUBE club after I get home until you get the balls to come stand face to face and spew your bullshit rhetoric.

Don't bother. He'll just end up getting drunk, throwing chairs, and falling off his bike in a pathetic acting-out of his unresolved adolescent angst.

I will someday. I'll bring my friends. They'll love the liberals. Hope Dave Schuldt is there too. It will be like a big group hug. Anyway. Although I hold most politicians in contempt the more I read the more I am convinced that John Kerry is an enormous ass clown and not fit to be president. I'll take a warring Crusader president over a Jane Fonda worshipping, purple heart posturing dick like Kerry anyday. If Bush wins...hey boys welcome to the machine. You're all going to get drafted.