John Kerry...a true American coward

JoshK

Yup, below is the story of a true coward. We need a real american hero leading us. A man who can cash in connections to get a stint in the texas air guard, all the while snorting coke and defending the skies of texas from the threat of invasion from oklahoma.

"On Feb. 28, 1969, Kerry’s craft and two other boats came under heavy fire from the riverbanks. Kerry ordered his units to turn into the ambush and sent men ashore after the enemy. According to the records, an enemy soldier holding a loaded rocket launcher sprang up within 10 feet of Kerry’s boat and fled. Kerry leapt ashore, chased and killed the man.

Kerry and his men chased or killed all enemy soldiers in the area and returned to the boat only to come under fire from the opposite bank as they began to pull away. Kerry again beached his boat and led a party ashore in pursuit, and they successfully silenced the shooting. Later, with the boats again under fire, Kerry initiated a heavy response that killed 10 Viet Cong and wounded another with no casualties to his own men.

He won the Silver Star “for gallantry and intrepidity in action” that day.

Two weeks later, Kerry’s role in another firefight earned a Bronze Star for heroic achievement and the third Purple Heart that would result in his reassignment out of Vietnam.

Kerry was commanding one of five boats on patrol on March 13, 1969, when two mines detonated almost simultaneously near Kerry’s craft. Shrapnel hit Kerry’s buttocks and his right arm bled from contusions, but he rescued a boatmate who had been thrown overboard by the blast and was under sniper fire from both banks. Kerry then directed his crew to return to the other damaged craft and tow it to safety.

"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GOP's not-so-impartial hit man

Desperate to denigrate John Kerry's war record, Republicans have trotted out a "nonpartisan" Navy Vietnam vet -- who was a protege of Nixon dirty trickster Charles Colson and whose law firm is closely tied to the Bush White House.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

By Joe Conason

April 23, 2004 | Houston attorney John E. O'Neill, the Navy veteran who has emerged recently as a harsh and ubiquitous critic of John Kerry's military service, tells reporters that he has never really been interested in politics and isn't motivated by partisan interests. In the media, O'Neill is often described simply as a Vietnam vet still enraged by the antiwar speeches Kerry delivered more than 30 years ago. That was when O'Neill first came to public attention as a clean-cut, pro-war protégé of the Nixon White House's highest-ranking dirty trickster (aside from the late president himself), Charles Colson.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/04/23/o_neill/index.html

(get the day pass to read the rest of the article)

Unlike about 99% of the posters here who beat their various drums about combat records I've been in combat several times. I live in a combat site 24/7. I say John Kerry and his actions are nothing special. Ribbons were passed out like candy during the Vietnam conflict to counteract declining morale stemming from the same source (War Protesters) that this American "Hero" later propagated so vehemently. If he wins the presidency I plan on stepping aside and letting some of you Kerry supporters come over and do YOUR part to support YOUR president.

Here's some helpful hints in advance. Trust no one other than the guy on your left and right holding an M4. Watch people's hands and not their faces. Look at their waist area and pant legs for evidence of bulging weapons or explosives. Remember, kids are often duped into throwing IED's into motorcades. Don't move at night on roads. If it isn't blowing across the road, don't run over it. Good luck. wave.gif

so let me see if i get this right:

pat tilman who passed on a million dollar contract to join the rangers and died in afghanistan in uncertain circumstances, is a hero that everyone should emulate

whereas

john kerry who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, who could have avoided going to vietnam (if not serving altogether) like most of his peers, who was wounded several times while he showed valor in combat is "nothing special"

huh-huh ... at least, you could be consistant.

nice dodge but no, whatever end kerry is using his service is not relevant. either you believe that serving your country with valor is remarkable or you don't, but you can't have it both ways.

squid, what makes you think our wagner fan is a new poster?

It really isn't an issue among the military crowd. No one here is going to hang around if Kerry gets in office. The plain fact is that he became the poster boy for the anti war movement. NOW, when it is convenient he want to play up his service.

Yes, you'll hang around as long as you are enlisted. He'll be your commander in chief, like it or not, and you work for him.

Yes, you'll hang around as long as you are enlisted. He'll be your commander in chief, like it or not, and you work for him.

Note: 'private military contractor'- not enlisted, does not report to the commander in chief, and is not (directly) on the gov't payroll.

No, I work for myself. I am one of those breed you are all so eager to call mercenary around these parts. In Heinlein's 'Starship Troopers' only people who have served their country are called citizens and given the right to vote. It gives them a broader perspective and a sense of what it means to sacrifice. Sounds like a good idea to me. JoshK welcome to the 99% club emoticon_finger.gif

In Heinlein's 'Starship Troopers' only people who have served their country are called citizens and given the right to vote.

Heinlein has also had his hero travel back in time to have sex with his mother and advocated for bisexual promiscuity, so you might reconsider who you want to script your ideal society for you.

I liked your last name better, this one is a little too melodramatic.