assmonkey

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this thread is so lame rolleyes.gif

listen to what you like to listen to. music doesn't define you. you define you. any of you wankers (read: dr. doolittle) who are using your own past pain and drama to make excuses for your pathetic existence today need to do what muffy's done: LET IT GO. move on already. the rest of us are bored with it and you should be too.

stinx, crackbaby, fariweather, and the rest of you puds: WTF do you know?

You're the things that Punk despises the most: conformity, apathy, comfort. Weak sods that tow the line, no questions asked, telling me how I should live my life, judging me for the life I've lived.

What would you have done if you'd have been in my shoes? You shouldn't even try to answer that question, and if you do, if you think that you can, you should take a long look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself who and what you really are.

You're too weak to accept the fact that there are poeple in this word who can only see life as agony, yet you have the audacity to tell them to "get real", and you prescibe a life for them to live, a life that makes you happy. Who the fuck are you?

So, I say to you: Fuck you, I'm Punk.

Agnostic Front: Existence of Hate

They told me when I was young that I would change

What I once saw would become like everything else

The same -

The open eyes of youth would close down just to cracks

I would - never again see the real world

Just like the rest, I'd turn my back

I told them once when I was young

That it was too late for me to change

I couldn't ignore the facts

The reality that brought this incredible pain

Scars within my flesh and soul

Stayed just for show

Seeing, I felt and saw things

Others could never know

They tell me now to turn my head

So that I may rest at peace

But ignoring the things that I know

Would be living a life of deceit

The perversion of love and the power of hate

Lie deep inside my head

I can't turn to ignorance -

The life of the wordly blind

Doolittle, Unless you are still living in a piece of shit one room apartment, driving a piece of shit car (or don't even own one), shunning responsibility and commitment, and scraping from nickel to nickel, you have become what you and your punk cohorts despise. Punk was an outlet and way of crying out against a society that was forcing kids into a box they didn't want to fit into. It helped a lot of people deal with life at certain points of their life. However, eventually many of those kids grew up and moved on to face life. I presume, since you are typing at a computer and apparently do climb, you have done the same. This does not denigrate where you came from; to me, it means that you have moved beyond needing that outlet of communication.

Greg_W

P.S. Stop trying to explain it to the kids, they won't get it. I wasn't deep into that scene, but those years were different than what kids are growing up with today; that's for sure.

you are everything everyone despises including punk.

Speak for yourself, Minxie! You are not the voice of the world.

Dolittle -

Again I say, yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

This is good stuff. thumbs_up.gif

Punk- similar to Fight Club? Similar to Climbing???

Pushing yourself past your comfort level, where pain is accepted and seems inconsequential. It helps put all the everyday, inane BS of the modern world back in perspecitive.

the thing is that the whole idea of PUNK is sold out and as soon as it got past the first generation, even halfway threw the first generatio it was already sold out. we are all victums of mechandising. or at least were when we bought in to "being" something.

Hi my name is muffy, the only thing I am is myself.I am a varried interesting person with a variety of experiences. thanks.

And I don't feel the need to justify my actions in any way, to anyone, especially to you.

yelrotflmao.gif So this explains why you've spent the last several pages explaining and justifying your self-loathing to everyone!

No, this is my on-line "Confrontational Writing" class. No credits, but FREE.

Oh, and fuck you too. I love myself. I started out by describing a DRI show that I went to, and now I'm trying to blot out ignorance, a sisyphisian task around here.

I went to a Battle of the Bands once in Boston. We sat through three shitty bands, waiting for Sam Black Church to come on so that we could go mental on each other.

While all these crappy posuer rock bands are playing, yuppies sipping their drinks and having a great time, the place is starting to fill up with Punks and Skins. When Sam Black Church comes on stage, the guitar player says: "I'd like to apologize to these two poeple right here."

Standing right in front of the stage, sipping their drinks, having a great time on their date, are two yuppies, oblivious to the fact that they are surrounded by Punks and Skins frothing at the mouth to beat the shit out of each other.

The band immediately starts playing, the place just fucking EXPLODES, and I can only imagine the pain and terror that those two dipshits must have felt. Later, the lead singer got his front teeth broken when a microphone hit him in the face.

Sam Black Church, The Way We Were:

If ignorance rules what you do

Don't know things but fear them

Don't be afraid to face the human inside

It's evil, it's still you

The old way is not the way

The ancient truth is not literal today

One way is the right one if it's truly yours

Make peace with the beast inside

It's only a monster of unquestioning eyes

The world is not here to be abstained from

It's meant to rage in

You'll never see, as I have

The way we were meant to be

Don't make us fear own lustful dread

and bring the wrath of God down on my head

We censor ourselves as a nation

Conceal the things we all want to be

Subject ourselves to emotional depravtion

and never face the blackest terror

you true mind

Make peace with the beast inside

Don't be afraid to try

Can you try, and let all the hate subside?

And never look back on the way we were?

It seems like a lot of you douchebags should take a listen. You might learn something.

FSU, East Coast Hardcore. Never forget the Skinhead way of life! rockband.gifthe_finger.gif

Must say, the few DRI shows I attended back in Cleveland hold some pretty fond memories for me, dat was some intense shiite!

Some other highlights: 7-Seconds, Circle Jerks, Cro Mags, Pink Holes, The Cramps, Butthole Surfers, Civilian Terrorists, T.S.O.L., etc.

For me and my friends it was all about breaking the stereo type of how an upper middle class suburbanite adolescent was "supposed" to look and act in the late 70's-early 80's and far less about drugs (we were straight edge at the time) abuse and all around hatred.

Damn I miss some of those times! cry.gifbigdrink.gif

Teen age existential angst getting you down? Do us all a favor and stick a shotgun in your mouth and get it over with. Those of us that actually enjoy life will do fine without you.

even though i can't relate too well to the beating of each other to a pulp, this is by far the most revolting thing i have read in this thread.

For every two homicides in the U.S. there are three suicides.

Every hour and forty-five minutes another young person commits suicide.

Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among college students and the third-leading cause of death among youth overall (ages 15-24).

Teen/youth suicide rates have tripled since 1970.

The Cramps! rockband.gif Ivy is a foxx. I saw the Amazing Royal Crowns open for them once... awesome show!

I guess each of us has our own way of dealing with existential angst... better to beat and get beaten by your friends than to go out Kurt Cobain-style.

I'll slug you in the mouf if it'll make you feel better, DoLittle, but I'd rather just have a bigdrink.gif and relax.

Teen age existential angst getting you down? Do us all a favor and stick a shotgun in your mouth and get it over with. Those of us that actually enjoy life will do fine without you.

even though i can't relate too well to the beating of each other to a pulp, this is by far the most revolting thing i have read in this thread.

For every two homicides in the U.S. there are three suicides.

Every hour and forty-five minutes another young person commits suicide.

Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among college students and the third-leading cause of death among youth overall (ages 15-24).

Teen/youth suicide rates have tripled since 1970.

You're wrong.

I can see Doolittle is feeling the retaliation for all of the "discuss..." threads we've been seeing lately yelrotflmao.gif

Hardcore is Hardcore, some of those kids are F$%#ed up big time but don't blame it on how "hard" their lives are... sure, a lot of pissed of youth can say it's because their lives are fucked over but the majority of 'em have no idea what it is to have a bad life. Living in a first-world country pretty much counts you out for having a fucked up life, which is not to say that people don't go through some messed up shit here, but that there is always a way out besides spilling your brains or just fucking shit up for no reason.

You don't have to have a messed up life to get in to hardcore, that's not what it's about. It strikes something primal in the heart of every young human male (and a some of the tougher females). It doesn't take some deep-seated angst to bust somebody up at a hardcore show. It's about mob mentality and we are a mob-craving species in general. Where else is it okay to just crack a bunch of people in the face without any foreplay or post-climactic cuddling? A good clean ass-busting orgy, that's what it is. And it's okay because everyone's doin it and they're all there by choice.

The intensity of a hardcore show is a unique contrast to the numbness of everyday life (something we can appreciate as climbers). I can understand, you get so sick of feeling numb and subdued all the damn time a little pain and berserking is just what you need. Especially if you have some problems in your life and you need some release. Some of us have the opportunity to get it up in the hills, others do it in a condemned warehouse down by the river. Some of us do both. (doolittle?)