Country_Jake

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or at the very least a prusik.

I hope the recovery is a speedy one.

I hope newbies realize that rappelling like you're in a bad Hollywood movie (not saying your buddy was either a newbie or rapping carelessly) only manages to kick down rocks and increase the chance of losing control of your rope.

[Eek!]

[ 06-17-2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Figger Eight ]

Sorry to hear about it Jake. I hope he makes a healthy recovery. His accident is pretty unfortunate. When I met him at the party (I'm guessing it's the same guy) he was pretty psyched about climbing and had a lot of energy and motivation to do some big climbs.

Hope he gets better soon.

For the sake of all that is good and moldy... Please double check all gear and techniques....

accident Report: My 17 year old climbing partner was climbing last wen. and took a nasty fall... this young man was on the verg of being great... a hell of a lot better climber than I am... although his repeling technique is a little shaddy... after soloing a route and then on his way back down the rope sliped from his hand... a 45 foot fall later, he landed on his feet, chrushing several vertibets... and cracking sereval more.... Broken back... he is out of comision for at least a year.... but at least he is not paralized...

I wish none of you the same... and hope you will double check your shit for the sake of your friends and family...