The Brother's beta

minx

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing on the brothers but I was on Mt stone today only a couple miles away and the snow is melting fast the SSW side was no problem to boot up with sporatic snow and rock/trail. I didn't get to an area to view the brothers though so depending on the route who knows I'm no snow expert.

I didn't summit stone because I was expecting snow and treked up with AT boots and skis and when I realized there wasn't going to be anything in the slightest I turned around in bitter disappointment. However I seriously doubt there will be much more than the patches I saw heading up toward the summit. If you want snow and your hitting the hamma hamma area try either Skykomish or pershings which looked to still have a decent base. Talk about disappointment looking for snow and it being on peaks all around except for on your route.

Just got back last nite.Trail 821 (brothers) had very soft

snow about 2/3 of the way up.Every so often I would sink up to thigh.Turned around because I was alone and didnt want to get my sissy butt injured on the rocks and brush that was hidden under snow. frown.gif