Check this out!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a lot of Bush donors. Surprisingly, someone actually gave $25 to Al Sharpton!!! yelrotflmao.gif

Good for them. Al Sharpton, although not taken seriously was the only one in the debates who asked many of the questions that need to be asked. It was great to have him in the debates, and I would give $25 if it was the difference between having him there and not.

That is one of the best web site I have seen in a LONG time. thumbs_up.gif Thanks for posting that information. The future of clean politics lies in publically financed camapaigns.

BTW, Bush ran up a $132,500 bill at the Sheraton in NYC. That must have been one hell of part ... sniff sniff. wink.gif GW, you dog.

Edited by Winter

Thanks Peter_Pungent!!

Did you happen to catch the subliminal message in the intro, namely that Bush is winning the money fueled drag-race to the finish?

I was glad to see that I live in an area that shares my political leanings, yet also a bit disturbed to find so much personal information so readily available on this website. I wonder if the donors were made aware that their personal info would be used in such a fashion...

I also took a look at the ZIP I had Back East, and HOLY SHIT there is a lot of money bieng thrown down!!!! Who has $2000 to give to any of these clowns????

Yeah- it's fascinating to see our hunches confirmed..outside of large urban areas, America votes Republican.

As a product of a really conservative & religious small town, I suspect that this is because anyone with two brain cells to bounce together leaves those areas as soon as they are able; the only people who can tolerate living in those areas are people who don't expect much more for culture than what they get from prime-time.

There are exceptions- I think many of us would prefer to live far outside of cities, but I think that has become a part of the socio-cultural-economic lifestyle of Americans: small town kids head to cities as soon as they're able for jobs/school/culture/acceptance and remain in cities throughout most of their productive (economic) years, retiring to more rural areas only once they have the economic means to do so.

I am open and eager to hear other theories of our nations geographic socio-economic segregation.

Fascinating! It seems that everyone in my area who gave to Bush gave the maximum ($2,000) and is a VP, CEO, lawyer, or "homemaker" wife of one of the preceding, while most people who gave to the Dems (about 90%) gave a few hundred on average and have normal jobs.

One woman gave $50 each to Braun and Sharpton, and a few hundred to Kucinich. hahaha.gif

I spent 10 minutes just reading the occupations of people who live around me and looking for people I know... fascinating!