Hot and Republican - does it get any better?

jja

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

silly boy...cuz when he makes a decision based on HIS religion, it impacts me and the practice of MY religion...DUH

as in its against my principles, morals, ethics and my religious beliefs to needlessly subject our citizens and other people to a stupidass war for his gain...

Rumr,

You an athiest? Cause if so your opinion does not matter. At least according to papa Bush

When George Bush was campaigning for the presidency, as incumbent vice president, one of his stops was in Chicago, Illinois, on August 27, 1987. At O'Hare Airport he held a formal outdoor news conference. There Robert I. Sherman, a reporter for the American Atheist news journal, fully accredited by the state of Illinois and by invitation a participating member of the press corps covering the national candidates had the following exchange with then Vice President Bush.

Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?

Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in god is important to me.

Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?

Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

I don't think anyone is advocating that Bush abandon his religion. I do see lots of people, myself included, uncomfortable in his justification of war as a mandate from God.

As for the First Amendment, it says nothing implicitly about the seperation of church and state however the historical record is rich in legal and congressional interpretations noting just that. Again, I don't have any problem whatsoever with Bush practicing his religion, however when he starts touting justifications based on voodoo, and lives are put at risk because of his religious views, then its time to pull the plug on his ass.

I don't recall hearing Clinton justify any of his actions as being mandated by God or any other voodoo. If he had I would decry it as well. I gotta wonder why you pull the Clinton card all the time. Were you even a member of this site when Clinton was in office?

I'd be pretty pissed off if anyone essentially caused the deaths of hundreds because it had anything to do with so-called "god's will". I really don't care if it was Clinton, the guy down the street, or my dad.

Hey ian, in case you missed the newsflash the other guys started it

2nd_plane_fireball.jpg

1) ann coulter is a pretty hot republican

3)Shrub clearly has a religious agenda. He doesn't hide it, doesn't even try and pretend it's not guiding his decisions. this terrifies me. i think that it precludes him from making rational decisions in many situations.

4)if i recall correctly this country was founded by people trying to avoid religious persecution. this may not exactly be separation of church and state but they sure didn't want their lives run by a government influenced by a religion.

Edited by minx

I'd be pretty pissed off if anyone essentially caused the deaths of hundreds because it had anything to do with so-called "god's will". I really don't care if it was Clinton, the guy down the street, or my dad.

2nd_plane_fireball.jpg

hey jja, last time i checked there was no connection established between Iraq and the events of 9/11

None of which were in Iraq.

Chuck said:

Nobody died

when Clinton said God was on his side.

Hey chuck, tell that to the victims of the first world trade center bombing, the two africa embassy bombings, and the uss cole.

What this president has done - because of 911 - is finally to respond to terrorism as war, rather than trying to sick a bunch of lawyers, subponeas, and fbi agents on them. Iraq IS the war on terrorism, you libs always like to talk about root causes, well what's the root cause of terrorism? not poverty (the 911 hijackers were all well off educated and middle / upper class), but rather the cesspool of tyranny and islamo-fascist governments in the middle east. A democratic iraq will be the first step in draining the swamp.

1) ann coulter is a pretty hot republican

2) bronco, you need to pull your head out of your ass on the abortion issue a) there are far more important political issues when it comes to the well being of this country b) it's a choice...you don't like abortion, don't have one...and dog forbid your daughter gets preggers at 14, don't you dare sign the consent form.

3)Shrub clearly has a religious agenda. He doesn't hide it, doesn't even try and pretend it's not guiding his decisions. this terrifies me. i think that it precludes him from making rational decisions in many situations.

4)if i recall correctly this country was founded by people trying to avoid religious persecution. this may not exactly be separation of church and state but they sure didn't want their lives run by a government influenced by a religion.

1) yup!

2) Why does it threaten you so to let Bronco (and those like him) believe as HE sees fit, not as you think he should? Mind your own fucking business. And puh-leez drop the "dog forbid" bullshit, it's so fucking tired already.

3) Bush admits his religious beliefs guide his decision. It's good he has some basis for his morals. Wouldn't you say?

4) I think it's a stretch to say "...a government influenced by religion," in this case. Come on, do you honestly think that George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and many other past leaders did not operate based on a set of beliefs and morals that were founded on Biblical principles?

Should I vote for Kerry to piss GregW off, or should I vote for Bush to piss the rest of you assholes off? Decisions, decisions.... the_finger.gif

You won't piss me off. I'll be glad that a young squab like yourself is exercising your right to vote. Good job!!! "Vote however you want, just vote." - Eddie Vedder

Should I vote for Kerry to piss GregW off, or should I vote for Bush to piss the rest of you assholes off? Decisions, decisions.... the_finger.gif

You're old enough to vote?

PaulBelitz.jpg Judging from your primal scream pic, I'd have figured you for a Dean fan.

I turned 18 in March, asshat. rockband.gifrockband.gif