Oh yea..Bouldering is lame...

Peter_Puget

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really cool is the presence of all those glacial erratics in the middle of the desert. Erratics are COOL!

your lack of knowledge about the area shows. They aren't erratics. Most have come off the crumbling granite domes that are all around. dumbshit.

zero_friction_pic_6840.jpg

First of all, I didn't start this thread.

Second of all, I was posting photos, not chesbeating. That isn't me climbing, I just took the pictures.

Lastly: I try to have girls spot me as much as possible as their hands are nice and soft on my rump, but when they aren't around a good grab is better than nothing. genderbender eat your heart out!

You know, I'm not much for bouldering myself but I have been amazed by the raw power and ability I've seen on some really hard routes. That said, what is more lame?:

1) someone out bouldering

2) someone sitting behind a computer complaining about the lameness of bouldering?

I'm reminded of The Far Side cartoon depicting "Wasted and Useful Lives"....

On the other hand, ain't nothing wrong with a fad...provided it opens doors equally to both genders. On my last trip to Squamish I noticed that the majority of folks camping out were there for the bouldering. I recall thinking, "I don't get it." But the other thing I noticed was how many beautiful young females were in camp...I mean, compared to the old days, I don't see how the modern climber/boulder monkey can concentrate on the mountain given all the possibilities for mountin'. Eh?

Edited by pope