is it okay to be truly critical of a shop here?

Beck

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before I post something, I wanted to know if it would be okay for me to slam a local shop for something i think many of us would feel is really bad in this forum?
Your sentence is quite ambiguous. It needs some punctuation or something. It can be interpreted in one of two ways:

(1) Before I post something, I wanted to know if it would be okay for me to slam a local shop for something. I think many of us would feel (that to do so would be) really bad in this forum.

(2) Before I post something, I wanted to know if it would be okay for me to slam a local shop for something (they did that) i think many of us (in this forum) would feel is really bad.

I'm pretty sure you mean (1).

I'd say if you genuinely feel that there is something the rest of us should know about this place, and you think it applies to the rest of us, and you think that posting here may either make things better at the shop, or help us avoid a particular problem, then go ahead and post. (How's that for a bad sentence?)

As readers, we ultimately make up our own minds.

I mean, why do we even have a "Local Gear Shops" forum if nobody feels comfortable criticizing?

Edited by ashw_justin

sounds like a personal problem, cracked.

no, a place that takes back returned climbing gear (ropes, 'biners, ice axes and the like) and returns them right back to the shelves.

does that satisfy everyone's curiosity? maybe they ALL do that, therefore, i decided not to post the shops name.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this store for gear, but found their policy of returning climbing equipment back to the shelves for resale to be pretty bogus. Their receipts should say "we take back climbing equipment" instead of 'no returns on climbing equipment'

Like Gort boy stated above, feathered friends does it, maybe all stores do it. maybe the no returns on climbing equipment is just a vacous illusory promise to people that the gear hasn't been used to snatch a car out of a ditch or attempted to be modified, then returned. I saw ice axes, biners, ropes returned and hung directly back on the shelves for resale. This didn't seem kosher to me.

Fuck home depot! Can't get decent snaplinks anymore.

• 4 months later...