climbmax

Collin

The guys at Climbmax always hook it up. I found out the other day if you have a membership to PRG you get a 10%discount on whatever you buy at Climbmax. I bought a edelwiess 10.5 dry rope for $109.00 online the other day and mentioned it to the guys at Climbmax. They said they would have hood up the same price. Support your local shops.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Get all my stuff there, or at least, as much as I can.

Bought some of my favorite gear from them; they hooked me up for my Chernobyl, and when I put together my first basic trad rack, they gave me a nice discount. Besides, they're nice there, real easy to talk to, and the guys and gals there can usually give you beta on a route you wanna try, or at least, they'll know someone who can thumbs_up.gif

Climbmax is another store that doesn't sell the Forest Pass. thumbs_up.gif I really hate seeing them get involved in this whole racing scene thing, though.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 6:44 PM

To: xxxxxxxx

Subject: FWD: Mt Hood

fwd:

"The official speed record has been set on Mt Hood for a climb from Timberline Lodge to the Summit. April 9.

1 hour 56 minutes 39 seconds.

Timed by Climb Max Mountaineering: Jacob Kammermeyer, and his associate Charlee Gribbon. Both have third-party status.

Also set in this climb was the "Spring speed record", and the "Human-dog speed record".

There have been three completely unverified time-reports in the last 20 years, and they were between 1 hr 33 min and 1 hr 47 min and done by Dr. Steve Boyer of Portland Oregon. However, (a) both the climbs themselves, and the times, were completely unverified; the climber self-timed with a stopwatch, (b) There is uncertainty about where the climber started, © self-timing can be affected by having your watch-buttons hit or snagged inadvertently by the clothing around your wrist and by gear and by wrist movements bending and flexing, (d) many climbers make their own "rules" such as stopping their stopwatches when they take water breaks, or have gear changes, or encounter route-finding problems, or have gear problems. Etc.

See www.mountainspeedclimbing.org for details."

• 2 weeks later...