New Route Ethics in Leavenworth

dberdinka

Funny thing is nobody knows who the next guy is. Who is Pubic? Who is Szyjakowski? Who is raybonbon? Who is rayborbon? ..... I know some of them but I wont tell. Until then stay tuned for more bolt controversey folks. I'll be on the sideline drinking beer [big Drink] then out climbing routes.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

Pope will you have sent [VIKTOR] a note with your concerns? I doubt it. Sad. Sad. Sad.

WE HAVE DISCUSSED THE ISSUE THROUGH PM'S, E-MAILS AND SUCH. HE'S A GOOD GUY WHO CAN CARRY ON A DISCUSSION WITHOUT MAKING ENORMOUS ASSUMPTIONS (LIKE THE ONE YOU JUST MADE) AND CONSTANTLY EXPRESSING THE DESIRE TO HUG EVERYBODY.

Looks like it's too hot in Vantage this weekend. Does anyone know of a crack in Leavenworth that Retro has the first pink point on , so i can retro bolt it. wouldn't want that agro attitude or that spendy new crowbar to go to waste. Let's keep him busy. A bolting we shall go, a bolting we shall go ,Hi Ho the dairy o a bolting we shall go. [laf][laf]

Chop this butt muncher [Moon]

[ 06-21-2002, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: richard noggin ]

Richard (Dick) Noggin, Yea, wouldn't want any of you knuckleheads to stay on your side of the range and destroy your own rock. Dick, did you ever hear of a sport called, 'scuba diving?' It involves lots of high tech yuppie equipment, (just like rock climbing) but it requires that you know how to swim. It tends to be a lot cooler though, as opposed to the terrible heat at Vantage. Just a suggestion. Dennis

quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Harmon:

Richard (Dick) Noggin, Yea, wouldn't want any of you knuckleheads to stay on your side of the range and destroy your own rock. Dick, did you ever hear of a sport called, 'scuba diving?' It involves lots of high tech yuppie equipment, (just like rock climbing) but it requires that you know how to swim. It tends to be a lot cooler though, as opposed to the terrible heat at Vantage. Just a suggestion. Dennis

Yes Dennis you can call me Dick and of course my last name is in the dictionary [big Grin]

No I am not into scuba diving I am into climbing , that is climbing in all it's forms , not just one type or style .My point is if it is not illegal to chop bolts than it's not illegal to bolt cracks and if some one chops a bolt that deserves chopping or gets a consensus amongst other climbers that a whole route needs to be chopped than that would be a rightious act.But beware the assh... [Moon] that thinks he can sneek out to the crag and chop someones first accent. Or suddenly one of his choss pile cracks might just sprout bolts.Just because he sneeks out to the crag during the week and chops bolts and later says he did't do it, beware we are not fools and his hommies are rat'in him out.And dennis I have lived in this state all my life ,worked all over it , climbed all over it, mountians, bushwack peaks , crags ,cross country ridge running.Whats your bag :confused:who the f... do you think you are to tell me where to climb, another rock cop trans plant from another state like the wacko bolt chopper that choped the new wall at vantage.Some us are getting a little feed up with self rightious as... [Moon]

Dear Dick Noggin, Quite frankly I don't know if your cordless drill will work while underwater or not. I've never heard of anyone who wanted to drill bolts into submerged rocks, but I guess that if a guy strapped on enough weights he could do some serious bouldering down there without the risk of breaking an ankle. I'm always the first to embrace new ways of doing things. Maybe you could use zip-lock baggies. Dennis