Mountie Alert - Icicle Canyon April 17-18

Mountie

Just a heads up, the Everett Mountaineers will be running their Rock 2 field trip in Icicle Creek this weekend.

We run this field trip once a year. We'll have top rope anchors set up at Barney's Rubble, Bruce's Boulder, Roto Wall, Lower Clamshell and Alphabet Rock. We don't claim ownership over the routes, and we'll try to be accomodating. If you spy a route that's unoccupied, ask the station leader. Chances are we'll pull one of our ropes.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember Mountie, lead, follow, or get out of the way. If I spy a route that I like, I'll be leading it. I won't be asking any 'station leader' for permission. Its not ok to drape top ropes over every available route and claim them for the day.

Actually I hope to eventually redpoint a 5.6. My wife and I will be camping and climbing in Leavenworth for the weekend, so I was hoping to do a tour of the easy, accessible routes.

Edited by danielpatricksmith

Mountie, thanks for the heads up. But please also update the climbing schedule you provide on this website you guys have:

http://larch.forest.net/mountaineers/FMPro?-Db=Trips98_.fp4&-Format=trip_schedule.htm&-View

I am trying to be accomodating to you by avoiding the areas you have scheduled. I know other people use this too to avoid you the Mountie groups. When I do a search for April 2004 your group does not have the Icicle Creek area scheduled.

I believe the climb schedule the Mountaineers post is very helpful. Please keep it updated.