[TR] Pole creek???- 4/13/2004

bulldog

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a little over a mile left still covered with snow. Good clearance vehicle and early morning conditions will get you really close. It's melting out really fast but now we have weather coming in, most likely will rain that low and melt it all out. I imagine you'll be able to drive to the trailhead in a couple of weeks. Be careful not to get in there to far and then try to drive out late in the day. Believe me I learned the hard way.(no clearance vehicle) Thank goodness for the local yocal to pick me up 8 miles in and hook me up with Icehouse bigdrink.gif and mexi-schwag. Dude gave me ride to my house in Bend! SkyClimb, when are we gonna climb in the Sisters? N. Sister or maybe N. face of South? I don't care if your in a mountaineering club. PM me.

True, true. I gotta give props to ropegun Timmy for hauling my ass back to get my car. I can't believe he still climbs with me considering my decision making lately. How's Vail Timmy? Didn't sound like you were going bouldering so I never called ya with info. I'm thinking about going back in to N. Sister this weekend, weather permitting. Wanna go?

Timmy,

So did you give J a ride in on the sled or what??? grin.gifhahaha.gif

Icehouse and Mexi, the only way to bring back old memories, and incoheriencies bigdrink.gif

N. sis huh?? how's the thayer looking these days, and the middle(east), or are you vying for the Early Morning approach?

Cheers dudes bigdrink.gif

Pole creek approach, I'm not sure about which route, really depends on conditions. The Thayer is still good, but it sluffs all the time in warm conditions. Pretty small sluffs though. Everything could be different, it just snowed a foot in the Sisters/Bachelor. I'm still thinking about going in on Sat. let me know skyclimb.