"M. Church" - Booty on Granite Mountain

Drew_Jones

Hiked Granite Mountain this weekend (Denny Creek-Exit 47) and in an avvy chute I found 1 trekking pole, goggles, and a pair of prescription glasses (still in the goggles). Looked like someone had a pretty sweet wipeout. Dug around a little just in case the dude was still there. He wasn't, but the pole had a name on it "M. Church". I'd be happy to return all this stuff if anyone knows who that is. Probably lost last year sometime as this chute was just melting out.

Drew

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice story Drew. It got me thinking [hell no]

One time several years ago, me and a buddy were elk hunting on Timberwolf Mountain (you can drive right off the summit of that sucker) near Naches and I discovered a 3' x 7' mound of freshly turned dirt miles from any road, I thought it might be the shallow grave of an FBI informant or other unfortunate soul.

I pointed it out to my friend and he gleefully shouted "I get the skull!" then frantically dug up the entire mound. There was nothing there, but I took note of my hunting parter's behavior.

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:

nice story Drew. It got me thinking
[hell no]

One time several years ago, me and a buddy were elk hunting on Timberwolf Mountain (you can drive right off the summit of that sucker) near Naches and I discovered a 3' x 7' mound of freshly turned dirt miles from any road, I thought it might be the shallow grave of an FBI informant or other unfortunate soul.

I pointed it out to my friend and he gleefully shouted "I get the skull!" then frantically dug up the entire mound. There was nothing there, but I took note of my hunting parter's behavior.

Health Tip for Next Year: take cartridges out of your partner's rifle while he is sleeping.

Elk is Yummy!!

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:

I discovered a 3' x 7' mound of freshly turned dirt miles from any road .

These have been reported before in the book : On the Track of Bigfoot by Peter Byrne [Roll Eyes]

Personally I believe a hitherto unknown to science race of giant moles or mound building termites are the most likely option.

quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Harmon:

Granite Mountain is in the state of Arizona, outside of Prescott, and it never snows there. Therefore, I assume that your story is pure fabrication and that you actually stold that poor guy's gear. Why don't you just fes up and give it back? Dennis

dennis, it snow in prescott every winter....it is at like 5k plus in elev.....

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

[QBThese have been reported before in the book : On the Track of Bigfoot by Peter Byrne[/QB]

I have seen such a mysterious thing in the N. Cascades. I just shrugged it off, and have no clue as to what it was.

Now your freakin' me out. [Eek!]