[TR] Hood- South Side Crack o Noon Club HighEnergy Blitz Slog 4/11/2004

layton

Climb: Hood-South Side Crack o Noon Club HighEnergy Blitz Slog

Date of Climb: 4/11/2004

Trip Report:

1st of all my shoulder is messed up from overuse, so this weekend had to be non shoulder stuff. so sat i went on a 7hr mtn bike ride and came home really tired so i missed my alarm this morning.

Luckily I woke up at 10am. I decided to check out Mt. Hood since i never have even been up to Timerline Lodge or anything.

The snow was a bit soft and was sorta kinda firm near the top. no ice or rockfall. I didn't need crampons, an ax, a helmet, a shirt, or pants(which i brought). Definately didn't need snowshoes or skiis(didn't bring). I got sunburned from not wearing a shirt. Then i went down the mtn to my car. lots of aerobic b.s. this weekend. hope i can climb again soon.

Left Car: 12:30pm

Top of Mt Hood: 3:00pm

Back at Car: 3:40pm

pretty good for my 1st time on hood, eh?

Gear Notes:

some type of footwear

walkman

water

poles

Approach Notes:

snow

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get down so fast? I can't even ski down that fast and you said you didn't have skis. Were you at a full sprint the whole way or something? wazzup.gif Nice work! thumbs_up.gif

actually layton had skiis surgically implanted into his feet after he smushed 'em, so he had no need to mention them