"ahh, nature!"

Dru

This crazy German I used to work for would actually throw his arms wide, embrace the view and say "Ahhhh, nature!' like it was some rare thing.

Anyways I went bouldering today or maybe I should say scrubbing because I cleaned 4 problems and could only climb one of them cry.gif I saw a whole bunch of carpenter ants, two bald eagles, numerous ravens, an osprey (all flying by or circling overhead) and as I was hiking out this bat flew out from between two rocks, circled around me once and then flew away into another boulder cave... cool.gifthumbs_up.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i got up at 4 AM today and went to climb the NW face of Tomyhoi but the snow was super isothermal and the air was very warm (it must have been +10C at 6 am). Got home by 8 and slept till noon then went back to the lake for more bouldering. Less wildlife today but I was able to do two of the problems I couldn't do yesterday. On one of them this was because i cleaned dirt out of a fingerlock to the point i could actually jam it smirk.gif but on the other one it was just a matter of sloper friction and getting the footwork down. I called this latter problem FAT MAN'S BALLS (V2?) due to the difficulty of seeing through the stone paunch to put feet on the proper holds hahaha.gif