lummox

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What we *need* is more freshiez. Through summer. smirk.gif

Seriously, it sucks when it's 80-90 degrees every day, for a month. And then you have to carry all your shit on your pack to get to snow, and then you never even get fresh snow. WTF?

You can, of course, go fry in the sun and climb rock, but it's so damn hot. Give me cold any day.

What we *need* is more freshiez. Through summer. smirk.gif

Seriously, it sucks when it's 80-90 degrees every day, for a month. And then you have to carry all your shit on your pack to get to snow, and then you never even get fresh snow. WTF?

You can, of course, go fry in the sun and climb rock, but it's so damn hot. Give me cold any day.

it is spring. the weather is fantastic. wtf is your problem?

Move up here gorty. I skied xc yesterday at <600ft elev. Rivers and lakes are still frozen, no leaves on the trees. But it's going fast, I put the skis in the closet for good last night.

The Arctic Man race is this weekend: Check it...Downhill skiers start atop a run at 5200ft for a 1700ft approx 2 mile ski run, ski to the bottom, grab a tow rope on the fly and are towed to the top of another hill by snowmachines at speeds exceeding 80mph, and ski down the second hill (approx 1200ft drop) to the finish line. The course record is under 5 minutes. Marinate on that.

Draws a crowd of >10,000 peeps, and becomes the 4th largest city in the state for the weekend.

Move up here gorty. I skied xc yesterday at <600ft elev. Rivers and lakes are still frozen, no leaves on the trees. But it's going fast, I put the skis in the closet for good last night.

The Arctic Man race is this weekend: Check it...Downhill skiers start atop a run at 5200ft for a 1700ft approx 2 mile ski run, ski to the bottom, grab a tow rope on the fly and are towed to the top of another hill by snowmachines at speeds exceeding 80mph, and ski down the second hill (approx 1200ft drop) to the finish line. The course record is under 5 minutes. Marinate on that.

Draws a crowd of >10,000 peeps, and becomes the 4th largest city in the state for the weekend.

Paxson is a scary place this time of year...good thing it doesn't have the types of folks who come to the Artic Man the other 51 weekends of the year... Once had something one might call dinner at the Paxson lodge if you're willing to stretch the definition a long way. I'd like to see someone do an "extreme" film of the guys who biff it really bad going 80mph behind a snowmachine, talk about the agony of defeat!

Does anyone ever have this happen to them when the nice weather comes to the PNW in the summer...."oh my god, it's sunny outside, must do something, crap, can't believe I don't have any plans this weekend, must do something outside...now, can't waste the sunshine...omigod, I'm still in town...can't waste any sunny day...don't have that many...if I do, I'm a LOSER!... ahhhhhhh!!!..shit what are my friends doing right now....?" The stress of feeling like you're wasting even one sunny day is like a fukkin' mental illness. Never had this paranoia when I lived back (crappy)east. hahaha.gifhellno3d.gif

Does anyone ever have this happen to them when the nice weather comes to the PNW in the summer...."oh my god, it's sunny outside, must do something, crap, can't believe I don't have any plans this weekend, must do something outside...now, can't waste the sunshine...omigod, I'm still in town...can't waste any sunny day...don't have that many...if I do, I'm a LOSER!... ahhhhhhh!!!..shit what are my friends doing right now....?" The stress of feeling like you're wasting even one sunny day is like a fukkin' mental illness. Never had this paranoia when I lived back (crappy)east. hahaha.gifhellno3d.gif
IF you do not worship the YELLOW ORB it will disapear for several months and dump constant rain upon your head and SOUL GO OUT SIDE AND PLAY.

there is an old saying "gotta make hay while the sun shines"