Good eats up high

olyclimber

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fried chicken sounds good but maybe chicken strips and jo jos to save space?

Yeah, but the strips are more expensive. What the fuck is a 'jojo'? Some sort of potato product? The 4-pack-a-day woman at the deli counter always asks me if I want jojos with my chicken and I say no. She scares me.

Breakie:

Bagels and cream cheese with butter (lots of it).

Instant oatmeal or if I am feeling fancy museli.

Pre-made spro just add hot water for americano. If I want to go real light just grounds added to cocoa and drink it all down grounds and all.

Throughout the day:

Powerbars, GU, and poor man power bars (candy bars).

Cheese.

GORP.

Dinner:

Lipton Dinners, cooks fast, tons of salt in them, add couscous to make a solid meal packed with carbos, add canned meat for the first and sometimes the second night.

Beer stashed for the way out, gives me something to look forward too. Usually it only takes one at that point to get a good buzz.

Last weekend I ate a half pound of cheese in under 24 hours!!! It felt soo great, cause everytime I owuld go to much on the brick, i would kill a ton of weight.

Pizza for the night before climbing,a nd duing climbing to replenish carbohydrates.

horse cock if you can carry the wieght, if not jerky for good protein

dehydrated fruits, strawberries

Danishes for breakfast

Poptarts for lunch

cheese and bagels/tortillas with spicy mustard for good measure bigdrink.gif

horsecock, or jerky if you can't take the wieght

dehydrated fruits like strawberries.

Last weekend I ate a half pound of cheese in under 24 hours!!! It felt soo great

you didn't have to smell the gas man.... Geek_em8.gif

Horse Cock

Milky Way (don't get hard when cold)

Lipton Dinners thumbs_up.gif

Idahoan Mashed Potatoes (just add water mmmmm)

Pizza

When I did Mt. Rainier last year, I took pizza. It was yummy. I also like fried chicken from Safeway.

Is Rainier considered high altitude mountaineering? Not slaggin' on ya, just curious.

No idea, but that's the extent of my high mountaineering.

When I did Mt. Rainier last year, I took pizza. It was yummy. I also like fried chicken from Safeway.

Is Rainier considered high altitude mountaineering? Not slaggin' on ya, just curious.

Fair question, and while it might be directed at the person who mentioned Mt. Rainier, perhaps I should clarify or change my question to: What you can keep down either at high altitude or when going through gain of altitude that has an effect on your ablility to keep things down? Altitude is a relative thing. Some people get sick on Rainier, other only yack above 18,000. After all, it is not the elevation you get sick at, but whether you're having the most fun doing so, that determines if you're the best climber. Geek_em8.gif

anywhere people vomit climbing i would venture to say i high altitude... especially when people live at 5 feet and go to 14,000 the next day.

I always pack in a couple of 40's of OE (helps with acclimatization), Cheetos (regular or nacho flavor) and some breath mints.

This will indoubtedly lead to some quite colorful vomitus.

By Scott's definition then, Hood is high altitude. Righteous!

I prefer coagulated bacon grease spread onto bagels and topped with kosher salt.

ML tells a story about a father/son team that showed up to a 6 day Basic Alpine Mountaineering course with six days worth of Burger King hamburgers.

Day 1...

Son: Boy, these hamburgers sure taste good!

Dad: Yup! Who needs that rehydrated crap when you've got a good ol' hamburger.

Day 2...

Son: Boy these hamburgers sure tasted good yesterday!

Dad: Yup!

Day3...

Son: Hamburgers...

Dad: Yup...

Day 4...

Son: Dad?

Dad: Yeah?

Son: Did you heat up this hamburger?

Dad: Nope.

Son: Then how did it get hot?

Day 5...

Son: Dad? I don't feel so good...BBBLURPH

Dad: Me neither. I think it's the altitude. Here, have another hamburger.

Son: These hamburgers taste like pain.

Day 6...

Son: Dad? There's blood in my BM.

Dad: Me too, son. Me too. I never read about this in Freedom of the Hills.

Son: I'm dizzy.

Dad: I think it's altitude sickenss.

Son: There are bugs in my eyes! I can feel them!!! I'm gonna carve them out with a hamburger!!!