Adams SW Chutes

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I have not been there, I can say with a reasonable sense of certainty that the road I assume you are thinking of, that goes to cold springs campground, is closed about 6 miles from the campground. It usually doesn't fully open until late June or so.

Does anyone know if the road is open yet to the base of Adams? I was thinking of skiing the SW Chutes this weekend.

Some acquaintances headed out yesterday. They were planning for a loooonnnnnnggg skin in. I went early may last year. It was a good 6-7 miles to Cold Springs (the summer start). Along a snowmobile travelled road (thankfully lightly traveled).

Who's got a sled??? I'll buy the beer. bigdrink.gifwave.gif

By "sled" do you mean a pulk or a snowmobile?

Because my answers (in order) would be "Yes" and "Maybe."

We did the Chutes in mid-July last year. Always thought it'd be fun to get on it earlier.

Is there a place that rents snowmobiles? I imagine two can ride on board while pulling at least one other. Split that many ways it would be pretty cheap.

I've done 2 on the sled and 2 riding behind. Wasn't bad (sled started to loose traction occaisonally) - but 2 on, 1 towed would probably work a little better. Unless the rooster tail gets you, it's pretty fun. Are there such things as snowmobile demos?

you....you....you snowboarder! the_finger.gif

hmm but my musical interests are probably more in line with hippie skiers, I listen to way too much Bob Marley, Death Cab for Cutie, Sonic Youth... but some rap still sneaks in there sometimes. So, how 'bout them SW chutes? I can't wait for the roads to open up.