lost_arrow

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just make sure not to camp between the road and the river and well away from the road- the further up the Icicle the better- at least past Johnny Creek CG or up towards the Stuat Lake TH. If ranger Larry finds you, it's $50PP plus a long lecture from that A-hole. madgo_ron.gif

I agre with Fred. Don't cause yourself the hassle. Larry the Tool is the biggest A-hole I've come across in years. I hate the bastard. madgo_ron.gif I've never been so pissed off in my life when he woke us up at 11, then wrote us a ticket and gave us a lecture. the_finger.gif

The reason you'd pay to camp in the Icicle is that the campgrounds are pretty nice. And the fee? You believe in user fees when it comes to just about everything else, don't you Greg? You know, freeloaders are bad and why should I benefit from your labor being userped by the overbearing Federal government?

I don't think our campgrounds should be operated by Thousand Trails and I agree with most of the arguments against Fee Demo, but how much is it for a campsite? $8.00? You get a picnic table, potable water, and a clean toilet. You don't have to take a dump in the watershed and they even collect your trash. You may have to listen to the kids in the next campsite who get up at 6:00 am, but you don't have to screw around with Officer Larry.

As far as I'm concerned, its fine to dirtbag it if you want to. You can find a more secluded spot for sure and you can spend your $8.00 on a couple of latte's instead. Whatever you do, don't argue with Officer Larry, don't make a mess, and do respect private property rights in the Canyon. We already have a fairly serious relations problem with the Leavenworth District and it won't serve us well to cause problems by being either selfish or righteous.

My tax dollars DO contribute to the Dept. of Ag's budget.

I prefer the alternative camping areas over Bridge Creek or 8-Mile. No worry about waking little Jenny or Tommy in the next campsite with our antics and mostly I'm just crashing. It's not like we're building a fire and breaking out the guitar for a few rounds of "Coom-by-ya".