Lost -- North Face "Roadrunner" Tent

klenke

Lost -- North Face "Roadrunner" tent somewhere between the beginning of the boulderfield (i.e, end of the forest trail) and Eldorado ice dome (i.e., where the Eldorado Glacier falls away to the south). Date of loss: April 5, 2004.

The tent was packed in its tube. The tube is dark green-blue in color. It fell off my pack as I was skiing. There are no poles with the tent as they were on a partner's pack at the time.

If found, please PM me or call (206) 465-6345. I will tender a small reward for the tent's recovery.

Thanks -- Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the tent did not actually belong to me but one of the guys with me on the climb. I guess technically the poles belong to him....until I pay him the $200 for losing his tent off my pack.

Incidentally, here is the tent as deployed:

pict0033.jpg

And here is the tent as last seen on the back of my pack at the top of the Eldorado Glacier snow dome:

pict0108.jpg

Since Sergio has already put a new tent on order and since I could use the lost one should it get recovered (it's better than the one I currently own), and since I intend to go back up to climb Austera Peak this summer and look for the tent then (fat chance finding it), I think I'll at least be waiting a while before parting with the poles.

Contact me after the end of the summer and I may be willing to give the poles to you by then.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got your tent!!!! I was comin' down from up there two weeks ago and saw it half melted into the snow and figured something like that happened. I'll call you tomorrow and we can work out how to get it to you. I'm in Seattle.

Danny 206-234-7369

Well, the tent did not actually belong to me but one of the guys with me on the climb. I guess technically the poles belong to him....until I pay him the $200 for losing his tent off my pack.

i'm curious...what do you folks consider to be proper ettiquette in this situation. i, for one, would not expect repayment for the lost tent. it sucks but stuff falls from packs all the time even w/the most thoughtful efforts to avoid this.

i guess if i had loaned someone a tent for a trip i didn't go on i'd expect repayment but not in this case. am i wrong? confused.gif

I think if you're a dumbass like me and don't strap down the tent correctly on your pack and you lose it then you pay for it. I guess whether you or I ask for repayment for things lost that belong to us depends on our personalities...and how expensive the item lost was. I'm not going to pester someone to pay me back for a lost 'biner; but a $200 tent, probably.

...I'm not going to pester someone to pay me back for a lost 'biner; but a $200 tent, probably.

...or $180 Serengetis. Especially when your partner forgot his own glacier glasses and asked to borrow your spare pair of sunglasses before leaving the TH, then forgot them at the bivy. rolleyes.gif

BTW... pair of Serengeti Drivers located in the rock bivy below the North Lyman Glacier route on Adams. Case included. Free to finder! smirk.gif