Bellingham Scene

mneagle

I am investigating a job opportunity in Bellingham. The only experience I have with the place is stopping for gas on the way to Squamish. Anyone have any opinions about the place? Besides being close to Baker, Squamish and the North Cascades, what else does it have going for it? Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bellingham is good, i can't think of many drawbacks to living here-except everyone from the county areas say THE in front of road names ie: THE Smith Road, THE Hemmi Road. Man it's annoying. There really is not that many hippies either. GP stinks a little, but I can't smell it anymore. One thing that I like is that there are alot of good hikes close to town that are good for excercise. Oyster Dome is my favorite 3.5 miles, 1900ft gain, and great views of the San Juans. Larrabee isn't a great climbing spot, but it does the trick after work sometimes-nice swimming holes too! Beware of Teddy Bear Cove lots of disgusting naked hairy dudes frolicking in the water there. I didn't grow up here but moved here 6 years ago when I was 18 and I hope I can stay here permanently. Go for it!

330602-set1_psd.jpg.b973b5bbc78485c8b90e23b4552cb901.jpg

except everyone from the county areas say THE in front of road names ie: THE Smith Road, THE Hemmi Road. Man it's annoying

i never thought about it until i read that, but man, i say that all the time. it only works if its a road, it just sounds dumb if its a street. you're totally right, us country folk do it all the time.