Pub Club, 6/11

chelle

Siting outside and drinking beer was great last night. Anyone interested in a pub club on the beach at Golden Gardens next week? We'd have to drink bottled beer and bring our own camp chairs, but I think we can all handle that. I think they even have fire pits and maybe AlpineK can contribute some firewood.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave is probably right. Golden Gardens is an ok place for beer and barbeque at other times of the year but this is graduation season and the cops usually come down on it pretty heavy during the month of June. There was a public meeting on this topic last week, and I bet that was a precursor for even MORE enforcement than usual because the only people who ever show up at those meetings are neighborhood types who whine that those damn kids are ruining our respectable city and threatening our pursuit of solitude in the middle of Seattle.

I live here in Ballard and have been drinking at GG year round for 10 years or so. If you are of legal drinking age the cops don't really care. They do ask that you put it in a cup or put a bag over your beer bottle. Totally mellow, no problem! Love this idea, and we could do plan B for bad weather....

Allison, you must have a way with the cops. I too have been drinking there for ten years or so, and my experiences at this time of the year have not all been positive. But perhaps if we were in the main area, as opposed to having one of those "illegal" campfires around the point, they might let us stay until 10:00. And of course, Tuesday night is not the same as Friday or Saturday. It IS a great place to hang out and watch a sunset, and we could even barbeque some tofu or something.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've been there on many a weeknight, drinking beer with other adults out in the open, had the cops check us out and not had a problem. Never even had to "talk my way" out of anything... And no, I've not been of legal drinking age for ten years, you are right, it is closer to fifteen.

They have do have fire pits, but you might want to check and see if there are any drinking restrictions. The cops are there checking out the car posers. Good idea, mabey we can find some place with less cops. Mathews Beach, Magnison Park or sometheing. If we realy have our shit together mabey we can reserve a picnic shelter with a barbaque place. [big Drink][Wazzup][laf][smile][big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Allison, you must have a way with the cops. I too have been drinking there for ten years or so, and my experiences at this time of the year have not all been positive.

Harassment at Leavenworth by Larry the Tool, Police all up on him at Golden Gardens. WTF you say? Well if you haven't met mattp he's all about the thug life if you know what I'm saying. Tattoos all up and down his arms, a big "mattp" on his chest. Pant's hangin at his waist. More gold hanging on his neck than Mr. T. Daytons and the 16 switches on his ride. Breakin hos like tennis rackets. You listen to me this is one playa you don't want to mess with, so next time your at the crag and mattp steps up wanting to climb the route your on, you best back the fuck off it son or mattp may regulate on yo ass. 4 realz!

No I do not think so. Plan on drinking out of a cup or bringing something to cover the bottle though.

I'm probably going to go down early, I've got a tent that needs seam sealing and I have no place at home to set it up so I thought I might do it on the beach and try and score a fire ring. The bringing of large pallets is encouraged.

[ 06-10-2002, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: allison ]

is this the place under i-5 next to the brewery?? sounds like it....fire pits, police & malt liquer in a sack....should i bathe before i come??? what about having to fight for a cardboard box once my level of toxicity becomes that of a burned out .commer looking for a sony trinitron sceen box to hide under!!!! hahahaha

are we just allowed to puke anywhere???

[Razz][laf][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][Cool]

There are restrictions on glass bottles out there. As long as you pour it in a cup and put the empty back in a cooler and keep it closed it's no biggie. There's enough broken glass on that beach to warrant the glass restrictions. [Mad]

Burn one... pallet that is... [laf]

Hey Carolyn, get to 45th street and University Way and catch the #44 bus to Ballard. You will have to walk about 2 miles to the park. You can find more Bus info @ metrokc.gov. If you can barow a bike it's not that far of a ride there is a bike trail most of the way. Look for a group with a my blue mt. bike near by. You can also take the bike on the bus.

Bbetter: go to N 45th St and 15th Ave NE (one block east of Univ Way) and catch the #48 bus on the northeast corner (on 15th). (Actually you can catch it anywhere along 15th). Ride it to the end of the line at 85th and 32nd Ave NW. (~40 min ride). There's a long flight of stairs that leads down from the intersection of 85th and 32nd (and two other streets; it's kinda an odd 4-way intersection). You'll cross a road then into a parking lot/dog park part way down; go straight and you'll see more stairs; keep going down. At the bottom of the steps you'll actually hit a road, go right <1block; the road switchbacks left, you go right on a cobblestone path down and under the railroad tracks. That'll land you right in the picnic area, probably within a stone's throw of where everyone will converge. Look for Allison's tent!

you can access bus timetables/maps at:

http://transit.metrokc.gov/bus/timetables.html

Oh, and I'd put $$ down you'll be able to hitch a ride home w/ someone.

Made it down to the park and saw no posted restrictions about glass bottles or alcoholic beverages. The only signes are about dogs on beaches (not allowed) and dumping of trash. So as long as the dogs stay off the beach and we recycle our bottles everything should be ok. If you're concerned bring a cup to pour your beer into.

Cheers!

[big Drink]