antitobacco prejudice

lummox

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you ARE a piece of shit if you think that it's OK to subject me to exposure to these chemicals against my will. There is no conceivable argument that can be made to rationalize exposing someone to 2nd-hand smoke aganist their will. You fucking smokers make me sick.

Why stop at smoking though? There is still plenty of shit that is going into the air we breath. Automobiles, factories. So, Yes, you ARE a piece of shit if you think that it's OK to subject me to exposure to these chemicals against my will.

People who work in taverns have a right to work in a smoke free environment...so they should find a job in a place where smokers don't traditionally gather.

Not too many years ago, it was almost impossible to find such a work-place. Offices, theatres, barbershops, department stores, supermarkets, even hospitals all shared that familiar blue haze in the air caused by the 1/3 of the workforce who had a "right" to work in a smoke-filled workplace. People who wanted to work in a smoke-free environment were out of luck, because it didn't exist.

I remember watching movies through a haze of smoke. I remember watching the clerks pushing that big wide broom up and down the aisles of the Hudson's Bay store, sweeping up all the ashes and butts that people just dropped on the floor and stepped on. I remember Greyhound rides and airplane trips that left me feeling like I worked in a coal mine. I can even remember myself not too many years ago walking through the produce department at the local Safeway, checking out the mushrooms and carrots with a smoke hanging out of my mouth. It was just accepted that smokers had the right to smoke and anyone who didn't want to breath the fumes could sit outside, or they could stay home. Those were your choices, because there were no "smoke-free" environments anywhere. Those were what we call "the good old days". Do I miss them? Not a bit.

As for the "loss of business" argument - hogwash. Those supermarkets I used to smoke in are still in business and doing just fine, thank you. Banning smoking in the grocery stores didn't affect their sales one bit. Same goes for the theatres, and the department stores, and the buses and trains and airlines and office buildings and banks and hospitals (well, maybe hospitals are seeing business drop off as more people quit smoking, but I don't hear them complaining about it).

Saying you can't smoke in the grocery store isn't the same as saying you can't smoke at all. You just can't do it in the grocery store. You're not allowed to fire off handguns in the grocery store, either - if you want to do that you can go to the firing range. And if you want to have a smoke, go right ahead, just go outside first. What's the big deal?

No ya wont muffy... it goes away. smile.gif I stopped and I don't even think about it anymore. thumbs_up.gif
maybe hunny but I smoked for 20 years, I started when I was 11 I have smoked the majority of my life. It will be a long time before I havenot smoked longer than I have smoked. cry.gif and truely, I wish I would have never started. MAN it pisses me offf when my Dad is right about shit madgo_ron.gif

lol, IMHO:

smoking(ers) = white trash, trailer park

yelrotflmao.gifwave.gifevils3d.gif

WARNING: Graphic and disturbing

ya better check yer facts there kido. there have been so many artists and musicians and actor and dnacers thew out history who have smoked. Yes I know it is unhelathy, and that is why I quit. I have kids and I want to be arround when they have kids. But do not let todays advertising sway you to believe something that isn't true. Drinking is not healthy for you either. and it can contribute to your demise. are we going to let advertising and tv campaings tell us what we think so that we can persicute our neighbors if they do not live like us?

lol, IMHO:

smoking(ers) = white trash, trailer park

yelrotflmao.gifwave.gifevils3d.gif

WARNING: Graphic and disturbing

ya better check yer facts there kido. there have been so many artists and musicians and actor and dnacers thew out history who have smoked. Yes I know it is unhealthy, and that is why I quit. I have kids and I want to be arround when they have kids. But do not let todays advertising sway you to believe something that isn't true. Drinking is not healthy for you either. and it can contribute to your demise. are we going to let advertising and tv campaings tell us what we think so that we can persicute our neighbors if they do not live like us?

Yup, most euro climbers et al smoke. I wasnt denoting a specific demographic but merely expressing my general view of someone who lights up in regards to my personal perspective as a youth who grew up in a smoke filled home. Smoking is alot like organised religion; people who need to belong to some sort of support team.

IMHO If you can kick the habit, then more powah to ya!

Kiddo?? sheesh yellaf.gif

OH and Lummox this is for you...graphic and disturbing!

Finger%20Antomy%20ripped%20tendons.jpg

Each business should be able to decide if it wants to allow smoking or not. The government deciding that a private business can't allow smoking is just as wrong as the government deciding that it must allow smoking. The government has no business making that decision for private enterprises either way.

I used to smoke when I was a pup, but gave it up because it made my breath smell like shit, my clothes stunk and it was expensive. Smoking kills...two friends last fall dead because of tobacco. They did not die of cancer though. Their hearts failed. Neither was over weight, both had fairly good diets and get exercise thru their chosen activites. Tobacco habits are nasty,distructive to the body,and add more expence to heath care issues. On top of that every time I go for a jog I see butts on the streets, sidewalks etc. If I am riding my scooter on the roads I can smell the smokers as they puff, puff their life away.

I quit smoking about 10-11 years ago now. Saved up all the money I'd been spending on tobacco and used it to buy a touring bike, tent, hiking boots, stuff like that(and I was amazed at how quickly it accumulated). Then I loaded everything onto the bike and pedalled off into the Rockies for a month of cycling, camping, hiking and scrambling to get my lungs back in working order and put the "smoker" phase behind me once and for all. I soon noticed that, even when they were passing me at 70 mph on the Icefields Parkway or Rogers Pass, I could distinguish the "smoking" cars from the "non-smoking" cars because the smoking cars left a noticeable contrail of cigarette exhaust.

So after we finish bankrupting all the bars by making their customers smoke outside or in a separate room, my next campaign will be to ban smoking in your car while driving in the Rockies, 'cause it stinks the whole place up.

the_finger.gif