car pool lane question.

ken4ord

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, I was heading to my first day at a new job in Bellevue. It was raining. Because of my old job at Lower Queen Anne, I was used to taking the Express Lanes south to downtown for the Mercer Exit. I realized I needed to take I-90, but there is no way to get from the Express Lanes to I-90 since the system was designed by idiots. At the last minute, I got into the Pike Street exit, which is carpool only. It goes under the Convention Center before emerging on Cherry, I think. There is a stop light there. There were two cops on motorcycles picking off cars with only one occupant. Pulling in $$$ for the City of Seattle without having to be out in the wet. Lazy SOBs.

Guess what folks I rode in on bike today, no car pool lane for me today. Even though if I did drive I probably wouldn't have used it, there was nothing to rush in for and even though there was traffic it wasn't as bad as yesterday morning.

Some of you have suggested getting a motorcycle, and I have thought about it, but decided I would be to dangerous to myself, to many year of cycling and being use to going anywhere when I am on two wheel. Even when I am in my car drive along, I can envision doing road gaps, ridig on the terrain along side the highways, jumping off retaining wall, wheelies, launching driveway ramps, railing corners, yeah I'd probably kill myself. Then like all my friends that have gone from cycling to moto, I'd get fat and lazy.

I read in the newspaper yesterday that commute times have actually gone DOWN in the Seattle area over the past two years. We can thank Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. There is less traffic because fewer people are working.

Me thinks thats not the best way of reducing commuting, I would like to think that there are better methods.

Nope Scott your the dick. Rules do apply to me, but I m willing to accept the consequences, you dumbass.

I think that Scott is saying you lack any sort of Ethical backbone if you indulge in this behavior.

It's like the late night infomercials selling plastic paperweights. You know who buys that crap? My demented Grand-ma-ma. It's a legal way to make money, but you're taking advantage of my alzheimer inflicted granny, and I got no respect for ya. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD... A lesson lost on most Americans.

Well, I just see it this way: I obey the rules out of respect for others. Those that run up the shoulder/ HOV illegally, think they are better than others nd thus don't have to follow the rules. Fuck you nancy boys who can't wait an extra 3 seconds on your commutes. Chill out and listen to the tunes. mushsmile.gif

Scott said:

Ken... yer a fucking dick. Fuckers like you think the rules don't apply to them. You are not anymore important than all those other dumbasses that live north of where they work. Smart. Geek_em8.gif

Gee Scott, what do yu really mean? Is this also a slam on our friendly Canadian neighbors to the North who commute? Please.....don't hold back next time!! Tell us what you think. cool.gif

So you doods all know, the fine doubles like when you buzz throught the construction zone there, doens't matter if your on 520, Renton, Kent, i-5 whatever or even if you doing the exact legal speed, and why would you be? So how do you calculate that? Speeding ticket with a double priced HOV construction zone fine. Might be better to let bubba just bend you over in the county lock-up rather than pay. smileysex5.gifsmileysex5.gif

It was a fucking joke... I never did it... you are clueless... yellaf.gif I think you must have been the only one that didn't get that... that would be the longest troll in cc.com history... what was that 6 months ago? yellaf.gif
I remember it like it was yesterday, and it didn't seem like a joke at the time. Scott, you are not standing on firm ground.

the_finger.gif So here is to all you asses (Scott) that expect me to believe that you always do the right thing and play by the rules. I call bullshit. I can't believe you would think that I and everybody else for that matter who is on here is stupid enough to believe that horse crap. Please, you must be trolling right, say it is so. Because not for one minute, I take that back, not for one milli-second am I going to believe that you are perfect, that you always are honest, law abiding, and alway in the right. Bullshit. You are so full of yourself it makes yelrotflmao.gif like a lunatic