Rainier Friday/Sat

chris_rieman

I'm going to be up at Muir friday with a friend who isn't interested in trying to summit. Anybody plan to be there and attempting a summit friday night please let me know. I've summited 3 times all from the DC, and I'd like to try the Gib Ledge. And since I'm unfamiliar with this route, is it something that could be soloed safely? Thanks for any info.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto the crevasses. I fell the entire rope length into one high on the Gib Ledges route. The crevasse kept going for a loooooooooooong way. I shudder to think what would have happened had I not been roped.

Holy crap! Did your partner get dragged all the way to the lip of the crevasse? Must have been a pant-loading experience...

Hey there, I'm going to be up on Rainier Fri/Sat possibly attempting Gib Ledges or Ingraham Direct (which ever conditoins permit). It'll be coo to see you up there! fruit.gif

Edit: Bring rope for Gib Leges for the exit chute and the crevasses above.

Edited by Dulton

Depending on your comfort level some people like to place running protection on the exit chute (if your comfortable witht he steepness then you might opt not to), but definetaly for the crevasses on the upper mountain. I'm only brining a lighter half-rope.