sealskinz gloves

glassgowkiss

hey, normally i don't try to promote shit. but i just received a pair of salskinz gloves. the manufacturer was claiming waterproof, blah, blah, blah. so anyway, i thought, wtf, i'll try them, since my roomate gave me a pair for my b-day. so anyway, i shoved them on my hands and put them under running water, my hands were complely dry ater 3 minutes. then i dipped my hands into a pot of ice ques mixed with water- same deal- fucking amazing. they are really dexterous too. they also have a bit heavier (they say warmer) type. anyway i don't say run and buy it, but i think this glove is the shit for leashless and mixed, since the palm has these rubber knobbies

their web page is www.danalco.com

Edited by glassgowkiss

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful using paddling gloves (neoprene, sealskinz) on ice; they will freeze solid and be nearly impossible to take off and even harder to put back on. Put them in your sleeping bag at night with your boots. We learned this the hard way on boating trips. There really is nothing like 'thawing out' a frozen solid wetsuit in 35 degree water - and then stipping down and putting it on in 20 degree weather 'to keep warm'.

Danalco sent me some skins and socks recently as well. I got the thin liner gloves and the thick "chill blocker" gloves. Ditto for the socks. I like the thin stuff, I don't know about the thick gloves though - mainly due to the fit. It is a little sloppy. Still, these gloves (and socks) would kick ass for the cascades during a rainy june. You could make and throw slushballs all day and your hands would get soaked by the sweat before the slush gets through. I've been using them up here in AK for a couple weeks, and as long as it doesn't go from really warm to really cold too fast, they work awsome.